Chapter 11

Ava POV

I couldn't believe it.

Louis had found me. And he was in my house.

"I would say the feeling was mutual, but it really isn't," I responded. Louis raised an eyebrow, but the smirk on his face remained. He was still leaning down and had my hand in his, so I quickly pulled my hand back and took a step back.

"Ava! Manners!" Mum reprimanded, but I couldn't help it. Whenever I get nervous, most of the time I become sarcastic. And the fact that Louis, the prince I was trying to avoid, was in my house did not help.

"Yeah, Ava," he copied with a smirk, "manners." I glared at him before I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes with a fake smile.

"My bad. Sorry about that," I lied. My mum seemed to buy it, but by the look on Louis' face, he didn't. His smirk somehow grew even bigger as he stared me down, but I ignored his gaze.

"It's getting late, you should probably be heading home, shouldn't you Louis?" I asked 'innocently,' but all he did was smile.

"No, I haven't got anything on tonight, and I wouldn't be a very nice guest if I didn't help clean up." I made sure my face was blank as he spoke. He didn't need to see my reaction.

"It's fine, you can just lea-" 

"If you could help Ava pack away the shopping, that would be lovely." My mum cut me off. I opened my mouth to retaliate, but she ignored it. "I'm going to get ready for bed. It was lovely meeting you, Louis. Hopefully, you can visit us again soon."

"I hope so too." Louis smiled and with that, my mum rolled herself out of the room into hers. I immediately turned back to the bags of shopping.

There was only the sound of the bags rustling in the kitchen as we packed away the shopping. Aside from the brushes against each other, there was no other contact thankfully. I don't think I would be able to think straight if we repeated the events at the ball.

"What's on your mind?" Louis broke the silence. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly.

"Nothing. Why?"

He smirked as he put the last item in the bag in the fridge. "Oh, no reason. Just asking because of the blush on your cheeks." My hands immediately went to my cheeks. He was right; they were hot.

"Shut up," I said as I turned away from him and tried to walk out of the kitchen. Keyword; tried. I was pulled back by my arm and set on the closest wall. My mind reeled from the sudden movements, but I quickly brought myself back into focus.

Louis towered over me, his hands trapping my body in between him and the wall.

"Now now," he smirked, "where are your manners?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Ava." I couldn't stop myself from shuddering when he said my name, and he noticed. His smirk grew bigger and he moved his face closer to mine.

"I see I have an effect on you. What about when I do...this?" He moved closer and dipped his head down to my neck. My breath hitched in my throat when I felt his lips brush against my neck lightly. Louis let out a chuckle, and I could almost feel my knees buckle.

"Interesting, what about..." He trailed off. There was a short moment of nothing, but then I felt his lips kiss my neck. I tried to keep my composure, but he wasn't making it easy. His lips moved against my neck softly at first, until he reached my collarbone. I couldn't help letting out a small groan when he kissed it. I felt him smirk against my neck before he began kissing it harder, and I couldn't help but squirm.