Chapter one | The word "It"

Paige-

I sat on my bed looking at my closet trying to decide what wear to school.

It's my first day of 12th grade. Last year let's just say didn't go well at all. Jackson's girlfriend, Maya has something against me for some reason.

She annoys me.

She's the cheerleader captain, she wears high heels everyday, she also wears crop tops and mini skirts. HOW? I don't know, I would not survive wearing those things. They hurt to wear.

Jackson also never stands up for me. He just stands there beside Maya while she ruins my high school career, the only thing that gives me hope she'll stop is the guilt that swims around in his deep blue eyes.

Paige, stop fantasising about his deep blue eyes.

I wish he would just remember all the times I stood up for him when the mean boys would call him names because of the superman t-shirts he wore and his matching superman glasses. Remembering them days makes me laugh.

Our parents always thought we would grow up and get married. They said and I quote- "Our kids are going to fall in love and have cute little children."
I mean...

What happened?

Well, he grew out of his superman faze and didn't need his glasses anymore either. He also started hanging out with the cool boys who used to make fun of him. I remember the first day he went to play with them.

FLASHBACK-
It was 7th grade, October 12th, Me and Jackson were just sitting down at our usual bench talking about the new shoes his dad bought him.

Suddenly the cool boys come over. I was ready to stand up for Jackson if they came to make fun of him but instead Hudson their leader said- "Hey Jackson, nice shoes. Do you want to come play football with us?"  Jackson looked as shocked as me. He gave me that 'can I please?' Look.

I nodded and watched as my best friend stood up and walked away with them.

That was the last time Jackson really talked to me. Apart from the times our parents forced us to talk to each other at dinners or the times he mumbled hello to me in the halls.

Well back to picking my outfit. I kind of had a bit of a glow up if that's what you call it? Don't get me wrong I still wear my dorky glasses, I can't not wear them!

But i don't have any pimples anymore and I grew my hair out. Also I have a nice body shape! Finally!!

Before this summer I used to have short hair, and a fringe. I quite liked it. I also grew a couple inches so I am not 5'3 anymore!

Anyways now I have my blonde hair still but no fringe and it's really long.

I work my way through my clothes and I stop when I get to my favourite t-shirt. It is an "It" fandom shirt from the movie "It." It has- why am I saying it so much?

Anyway, It has a picture of the clown on it and also has the title "It" with a couple of balloons around it.

Okay Paige stop saying the word "it".

Yep this is the t-shirt I'll be wearing today. I also picked out a pair of flared black jeans.

I picked up my black converse from the bottom of my closet and place all my outfit pieces together. Perfect, i look swag as hell.

I walk into my bathroom that's attached to my room and change, I also brush my teeth and put my dorky glasses on.

I decide to leave my hair down and live the moment with this new hair. I put a red clip in the keep it out of my face. It also matches the balloons on my shirt.

Wicked.

I walk down the stairs and into my kitchen. "Looking nerdy as ever paigy." My brother, oh my annoying as ever brother. "Thanks, harry. Kind as ever." I reply not bothering with the 10 year old eating his cereal.

I grab an apple from the fridge. What? I like cold apples. Don't judge me.

I close the fridge and read the note on the counter before biting my delicious COLD apple.

"Hi kiddos, we're off to work, have the best first day ever and see you guys for dinner."-mum and dad.

My parents both have jobs that go from 6am- 6pm.
It is hard sometimes to look after my brother but where else would I be? It's not like I have friends.

Hah....

"Harry, did you read this?" I look up to see him nodding while munching on his coco pops.

I hear a bus pull up outside.

"Harry your bus is here. Have a good day." I go over to him and pat his scruffy hair. He also has blonde hair but it is way lighter than mine. "Bye, Paige, you too." He says while grabbing his backpack and sprinting out.

Of course he left his half eaten cereal on the table. I pour out the rest of it quickly and stick the bowl in the dishwasher.

I grab my school bag, open the front door and walk out. The high school is a 3 minute walk from my house. Might as well get the exercise in.

I hear a car drive past and instantly recognise the face. The deep blue eyes look at me and go very wide.   He spits out his coffee that he is holding in the hand he's not using to drive. He drives off and I can see him wiping the coffee off himself. That was weird.

Wow his soft hair looked so soft flying around the place.
Shut up.

I take out my phone and check what time it is. "7:58" I have 2 minutes to get to school, luckily I have just arrived.