Chapter twenty | Graduation

Jackson-

Graduation. You never thought it would be so soon, would you?

Walking up to collect your certificate, throwing your hat up in the air and going out partying with your friends Til who knows when?

Those are what make graduation amazing, it lets you forget about leaving your family, friends and lovers behind.

Luckily for me, Paige got accepted into Boston University for journalism and I'm going there for football and biology, I always told you I was smart at the old biology. So we won't have to do long distance and still follow our dreams, together.

We're hopelessly in love and this makes it 10x better by far.

Getting to see her everyday and hug her everyday and kiss her everyday will just make my day better.

Today is the day we graduate. We're currently sitting down in the schools pitch all evened out on white chairs. A huge stage is in front of us with flowers surrounding it.

The principal is currently standing on it getting ready to do his speech.

I never thought I would get to this moment so quickly in my life, it felt like yesterday that I learnt how to ride a bike.

He taps the mic, "1,2" he speaks.

"Okay, the mic is working. Welcome everyone to the class of 2021 graduation. May I get a round of applause for everyone who is graduating today?" The crowd starts to clap and there are a couple cheers throughout the audience.

Me included.

"We will now give you your certificate. I will call you up one by one and you will take it, smile for a picture and go back to your seat," He points to the camera woman and then takes out a sheet from his pocket.

"Alright, first up is Tom Withers!" Tom cheers loudly and makes his way to the stage.

The whole football team go wild for him.

When he reaches the stage he grabs the mic and starts speaking, "I'd like to thank my sexy girlfriend for doing my tie this morning! Whoop, love you Melissa." He smooches into the mic.

The principal grabs the mic back and shouts at him for like 10 minutes while he just winks at the audience.

After that he takes the picture and returns to his seat roaring like mad.

I'm not a big fan of Tom from that party but sure I won't see him for the rest of my life so I let out a laugh.

"Sorry for that inconvenience, next up we have Samantha Connors," The cheerleaders all cheer like crazy as she gets up to get her certificate.

I've seen her around the school and at football games but I didn't know her name.

Oopsies.

"Next up we have..Hudson Graham," he sits up and there are a few cheers from people in the audience but not many.

He stands up slowly fixing his hat and walks up, the audience is quiet.

He takes a picture with the principal and sits back down.

Everyone knows what he did.

"Next is...Paige Arlow!" She bursts up from her seat next to me and I cheer like I've never cheered before.

"Go Paigy GO!" I howl. She smiles brightly at me,  leans down and gives me a nice kiss on the cheek.

I love her so much.