Chapter one: The awaiking (Rewritten)

"The causalties range in the millions after the catastrophic event at the X-Avier facility!" - News reporter

"Step back! Now! It will tear you apart!" - Scientist

"A new, unknown, hostile force has been sighted over the X-avier facility!" - News reporter

"Earth is under attack! I repeat, Earth is under attack!" - Soldier

"Run! Run, all of you, for your lives!" - Civilians

"A portal storm is coming our way!" - News reporter

"We can't hold them off much longer!" - Soldier

"Earth's atmosphere is covered with attacking enemy forces!" - News reporter

"Launch both SSX prototypes now! They are our only hope!" - Scientist

These were the voices that went through Blake's head over and over again like a broken recorder. He was sleeping right now, trapped in his own thoughts for who knows how long. He hated it and was unable to do anything about it. His body was in a cyro-stasis pod deep underground at the X-Avier facility, a top-secret military facility filled with scientists and fighters like him. This was the place where the whole mess began, where everything went wrong.

The reason for his cyrosleep was the current unbearable atmosphere on Earth. After the war, which had lasted only a few hours, everything had been destroyed. Some parts of the planet had been torn apart. Everywhere lay the corpses of human soldiers. Smoke rose into the air from the crashed battleships. The beautiful blue sky had turned into an ugly yellow and orange. All the oceans had dried up. There were no more animals. The whole planet had turned into a dry and hot desert, with no plants or trees. At that time, the Earth was more like Mars.

Even if Blake and his companion Chris managed to fight off the invading hostile forces, it was too late to save the planet. And now they were both in a very long cyro-sleep, hoping that after waking up in a few thousand years, planet Earth would be somewhat recovered. Once that was the case, they would step in and start the project to restore Earth. That was their goal, to save planet Earth no matter what.

Blake and Chris were not quite human. They were sort of half machine and half human, also called prototype SSX, which stands for Super-Soldier-Xavier. Their entire skeleton had been replaced with a cybernetic endoskeleton that allowed them to run inhumanly fast and punch much harder. With their powers, they could lift things that weighed a few tons.

Another part of their body that was replaced was their eyes. From the outside, they looked like real eyes, but inside them was a deadly laser weapon that could shoot a laser so hot that it could cut even the hardest materials on Earth. They were truly a modern military weapons marvel.

But all these great features they possessed came at a price. After they were transformed, they couldn't remember who they were before or anything that had happened before. They didn't even know what the exact reason was for the catastrophic incident at that facility. Their memories were completely erased.

All they knew were their tasks after waking up in the laboratory of this facility. To fight the war against the unknown hostile forces, and their current task to restore Project Earth.

Suddenly, a loud alarm sounded and lights came on everywhere, illuminating a huge room with at least a dozen cyro-stasis pods. Most of them were empty and some contained corpses because the cyro-stasis system had failed.

"Warning! Wake-up mode activated! Two remaining subjects will wake up now!" An intercom with a female robotic voice began to speak loudly through the huge hall.