Chapter nineteen: Welcome home

Blake: "Where am I?"

Blake was surrounded by pitch blackness. He couldn't see his own hands. He couldn't even move or feel anything. All he could do was hear his own thoughts.

Blake: "Am I dead? Did I die? If this is the afterlife, it fucking sucks!"

Krystal: "Blake!"

Blake: "Huh, Krystal?"

Blake couldn't see her, but he could hear her voice and many others. They ate into his thoughts and blamed him for everything.

Krystal: "I shouldn't have trusted you! You're no better than those heartless penetaroxes!"

Blake: "But... I..."

Chris: "Humanity is doomed, thanks to you! How could you screw up even one little experiment! You're not capable of anything!"

Blake: "I didn't mean to! I didn't know that..."

Leader: "Thanks to you, Blake, I have achieved my goal of finally being the leader of the Penetarox! I'm going to use this chance to get rid of you!"

Blake: "Dad... Why..."

Krystal: "Thanks to you, my home is lost forever! I hate you more than anything, Blake!"

Blake: "No... Please... No more..."

As suddenly as the voices had appeared, they disappeared, leaving Blake alone with his thoughts.

Blake: "Do they really think that way about me?"

Suddenly, a bright light appeared in front of him.

Blake: "What the..."

The light grew brighter and engulfed Blake.

Blake's mother: "You couldn't even save your people! Pathetic!"

Blake could now see planet Earth in its earlier days. Thousands of Penetarox portals appeared in the sky. Millions of Penetarox space fighters appeared from the portals and attacked everything they could see. They destroyed cities and killed every living thing. The military tried to fight them off, but to no avail. He saw his own mother killed right before his eyes.

Blake: "NO!!!"

Everything went black and he felt an unbearable pain. Blake opened his eyes and the first thing he perceived was that he was in his dorm room. Chris was sitting in a chair right next to him and Krystal's parents were sitting on the floor staring at Blake. There was no sign of Krystal, however.

Blake: "Ow!"

Blake tried to sit up, but was suddenly greeted by pain. He groaned in pain and laid back down.

Chris: "Don't try to get up, Blake! You're hurt bad."

Karl: "My boy! We were beginning to think you weren't going to make it!"

Blake: "Ha! That was nothing! I've been through a lot worse!"

His whole face hurt as he spoke. It was covered in bandages. Blake turned to Chris and stared at him.

Chris: "You were screaming in your sleep. Is something bothering you?"

Blake: "No, it's nothing..."

Chris: "Well, at least we got rid of those scumbags!"

A hologram appeared right in front of Blake's face. It showed the blue explosion on the planet Penetarox, growing brighter and brighter by the second.

Blake: "So, we won?"

Blake looked down at his missing arm and a single tear escaped from his eyes.