Chapter two: Tracking down (Rewritten)

The sun slowly rose up the horizon, casting its sunlight on the desert below. An arc of wind rushed through, lifting grains of sand behind it, swirling the dust through the air like crazy. The air outside was certainly hot and dry.

At one particular spot, something moved under the sand. The ground shook a little before the sand moved down like a hole in the ground, as if the desert was consuming itself. The small hole grew larger and larger and the sand fell further and further into the pitch black abyss that was below the earth until it finally stopped. From the pitch black hole in the ground, a metal platform with flashing warning lights moved upward, on which stood some sort of small black round vehicle.

Although the vehicle looked very small, it appeared to weigh at least a ton. It was very tanky to say the least, covered with hard and thick plates that did not allow anything to enter its hard drive. It also had small wheels all around the body to facilitate navigation and control over different types of floors. In the center of the body was a camera lens that made it look like a moving eye ball. The camera's functions were outstanding. It could record feeds and shoot images at a very high resolution, including zooming in far without reducing the resolution.

"The systems seem to be online and working fine. I can't find any errors." said Chris as he stared at the monitor in front of him before he began typing something on the keyboard.

Blake stood next to Chris and also watched the monitor, which showed the camera feed from the small vehicle. They were both in the main control room of the X-Avier facility. Their current goal was to find out what that golden light thing was that had crashed during the night and caused the system failures at that facility.

"Good, now start the engine and send that thing toward the Sector A bunker entrance," Blake ordered.

The small vehicle's engine began to hum slightly as it sped off in a random direction at high speed. Sand was kicked up behind its wheels, forming a heavy cloud of dust. It bounced over the desert hills and drifted madly, dodging some metal debris from crashed air forces.

It took a few minutes for the vehicle to reach the bunker entrance Blake had spoken of. It drifted to a stop next to it. The dust created by the drift obscured the cameras' view. When the two had waited long enough, the view cleared and they could now see the exact view of the security camera that had recorded the mystery secret on its tape.

"All right, the strange signal is very close. I can't pinpoint it, but it should be around here somewhere." explained Chris, before programming the vehicle's system to look around for anything strange.

The vehicle continued its task and drove around the area for a while until it came across something sticking out of the sand. Its surface looked golden and very smooth.

"Woah, what's that?" asked Blake curiously.

"I'll get the bot to bring it to us so we can take a closer look." With those words, Chris tapped on the keyboard again.

A small hatch opened on the top of the round vehicle. A mechanical grapple shot out and grabbed the golden alien object, pulling it out of the sand. The vehicle sped back to where it came from while holding the strange thing, and parked on the small platform. The platform then began to move back into the underground facility, and the hole in the sand was closed by metal doors.

"Now we wait." Said Chris.

A few minutes later, the small vehicle with the strange golden object pulled into the main control office.

"Hello, little buddy." Blake greeted it and held out his hand.

The little robot handed Blake the strange object before deciding to head back to where it had come from.