'Unsolvable' Crime

You approach your podium, Monokuma explaining the trial rules. Soon something piqued your interest.
"What happened to Kokichi," asked Maki, "Why isn't he here?"

"Aw, don't make that face, killer. This case had some unique circumstances," Monokuma responded from his 'throne'.
"What do you mean," you asked, Himiko joined you in the confusion.
"Cause for this murder, the victim's identity is completely unknown!" Monokuma sat up, "given these circumstance..," he paused, "I decided to start off this class trial while the victim is still anonymous! After all it'd be a shame if I let such a rare opportunity go to waste!"
"Is that possible? I thought everyone had to participate in a class trial," Tsumugi chimed in, though you have suspicions towards her she was right.
"Don't worry. The person who's still alive is waiting behind the scenes for their cue. It's all part of the over all production. Anyway, let's get this trial moving!"
"So, seems as if we have no choice but to begin the trial without knowing the culprit," you muttered, Shuichi and Kiibo nodded agreeing with you.

"What's there to even talk about? The blackened is the mastermind, Kokichi," Himiko lazily made her point.
"Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of, too" Tsumugi said in agreement, causing you ball your fists up.
"It's too soon to decide anything for certain. We don't even know if Kaito was the victim," Shuichi spoke what was on your mind.
"How long are you going to say that? The victim is Kaito... End of discussion," Maki retorted.
"But we need to be absolutely sure! If we don't positively identify the victim, the other person won't show themselves," you stated, Shuichi agreed.

"Before we can identify a suspect, we need to determine who the victim is," Kiibo remarked.
"Why are we even talking about something so obvious? What a pain..." Himiko whined, causing you to roll your eyes. You notice Shuichi thinking about his arguments, if it's anyone then the ultimate detective has your back.

"The victim has to be Kaito," Himiko states.
"Kaito was taken prisoner by Kokichi..," Tsumugi started, "so he could've killed him whenever he wanted!"
Himiko nodded in agreement, "and the hydraulic press had his clothes inside!"
"Kokichi can't be the victim because there's no evidence for it," Maki added to their statements, "so the victim must be Kaito."
"That's wrong," Shuichi shouted from across the trial room, "I have evidence that points to Kokichi being the victim! I found this in the hanger," Shuichi held up Kokichi's coat.
"Nyeh! Is that Kokichi's coat," Himiko seemed surprised.
"Yes. And look here— there are bloodstains on the sleeve," Shuichi pointed out.
"That would indicate Kokichi suffered an external injury, correct," you added, backing Shuichi up.
"Kokichi was injured," Tsumugi asked.
'What?! This seems nearly unsolvable!"

The trial continued, but something interesting happened.