3

I put everything into opening my eyes the moment I feel light on me. I honestly didn't stop pacing around last night and ended up losing consciousness while standing. This is the first time in my life that I had something to look forward to, and I couldn't sit still all the rest of yesterday. I'm still in awe while half awake.

I have a friend!

Getting up with the sun however was not nearly as enjoyable. My body was still partially in comatose and only responded when high amounts of effort was put into it.

I'm not happy about it, but I'm more than willing to if it means I can meet Armin again. So once again I lazily start to wander around and find something to do that will pass the time.

Yesterday really got me thinking. Has there really never been another titan that didn't want to eat humans? It was really hard for anyone to believe that I honestly didn't want to hurt anyone. Well, I don't want to hurt people if I don't have to. If a shorty really got on my nerves, it would be easy to just step on them. But if most people are like Armin, then I might get over how scary they are. 

...Horses. I hear quite a few of them quickly approaching. It took a second to process, but realization hit like a punch to the jaw. I pull myself behind a tree and try my hardest to flatten onto it, taking up as little space as possible. The same sound retreated away, and I breathed a sigh of relief.
It's definitely going to take some work to not fear them.

With a groan, I pull myself up and make my way to where I think they went. That tight feeling settled into my torso. I honestly don't know what is going to happen today, but the warmth I got from being around Armin drove me to continue. The steeds and their riders were separated with the humans huddled together and talking about something. I inched closer while making myself as small as I possibly could. Behind a log and some brushes, I examine the group.

Most of the people from yesterday were there, as well as two new faces. A brown haired boy with green eyes, seeming to glow like Armins. And a similar brown hair on a tall person that had goggles on. Everyone seemed to be looking up to them while they spoke.

"-That's why it's important to keep them alive. Of course, if it's you or the titan, it can't be helped. Just make sure you cadets find some good specimens. We're doing this to further our knowledge and help humanity! we'll split into our pairs and meet back here after the job is done. Make me proud cadets!"

The leader finished with everyone saluting them and walking into different directions. Armin made his way with the green eyed one to the horses and seemed to be looking for something. When most of the group zipped off, Armin started scanning the area.

"... So, are you going to tell me about this 'friend' of yours? I'm really scratching my head on how you would have met someone all the way out here."

"I told you Erin, it's a really long story. I'm sure that it would be much easier to show them to you rather than try to explain it."

"Armin, are you calling me stupid?"

"What are yo-"

His eyes just then landed directly on the shrubs I was lying behind. I wasn't hidden very well, but it worked up to this moment. I slowly raised my hand above me and gave a small wave. Erin just looked confused until he turned. First shock, then fear, but ending with fury lingering on his face.

"Listen, I know this is just going to sound absolutely absurd and crazy, but please don't freak out. You see, That's the friend I talked about."

I put my hand down and just held as still as possible. The Erin boy looked ready to cut me to pieces. Armin started walking in between us and towards me, doing some sort of gesture to Him before putting his hand on my nose. I was shaken for a moment, but nuzzled into the warm touch. Armin giggled softly.

"See? They're harmless. This isn't a titan to fear Yeager."

"It's still a titan. I don't care how 'nice' it is. What if it's just trying to trick us so it can eat us later?"

"Please, just give them a chance. I promise they aren't any danger to any of us. Isn't that right you big and cute bunny?"

There's that warmth again. I feel my mouth curl up with happiness as he wraps his whole body around my nose. I bring my finger to his head and start mimicking the motions he made on me, making his face change to a more red color.

"CADET,  LOOK OUT!"

My eyes are on fire! I yell out and quickly back away from whatever attacked me. I hear several voices near me as I try to protect my nape. Everything after that felt like a blur. What sounded like an explosion near me rang out and I felt something wrap around me. More yelling and commotion as my eyes finally allow me to see again. I saw ropes all across my body and several humans surrounding me. I squirm and fight, but to no avail. Then another sharp pain in the back of my feet forced me to my knees.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. My eyes glanced left and right for some way out of this mess. The human with goggles had an ear to ear grin.

"My, what a beautiful one you are. Even if you are the only catch of the day, I can't believe we got something like you! Oh, I can hardly wait to start the tests!"

Tests? What are those? What is going to happen to me! I find Armin and plead that he would do something. Anything! When our eyes meet, he just looks away. Why is this happening? Is this because I was hesitant to help a human? I just don't want them to hurt me

I don't want to die!