12

I didn't dream. It was like closing my eyes for a moment, and opening them again to see the landscape now fluffed up with soft light. A notable difference was Hanji writing something down on a clipboard. They seemed focused, so I took the time to examine myself. First my arms, then legs, but something was missing.

I had zero restraints on me. No nails, or rope, or anything like that. After last night, I thought that they would have put me in a box and forgotten about it. The fact that this human is sitting so close to me, a titan with zero restraints, is baffling to me. I really hope they don't do this with other titans.

"Oh, hello Jayden! I didn't notice that you were awake. How are you feeling today?"

Thumbs up

"I'm glad, especially after last night. Levi told me what happened, and I hope you know that you're not in trouble for trying to protect yourself."

That's not exactly what happened, but I won't push my luck.

"Ugh, I can't believe someone wanted to hurt my poor baby! How could anyone hurt such a cutie like you? Don't worry Jayden! We'll find the culprit and make sure that they are captured!"

... Is Hanji okay? Like, up in their head? They seem smart when testing and talking about math and paperwork. Maybe it's a personality thing. I zoned out after they started crying.

"Have you at least told the freak what they're going to be doing before having a breakdown?"

A cold voice came from the head of black hair approaching us. His eyes never left me, like I was a rat during the second plague. I instinctively sunk down on the spot I was laying on, slowly scooting away as he made strides towards Hanji.

"I still don't understand why Erwin allowed this, but I guess it's more normal then the other events happening this year."

"It's just one mission. Risking the lives of more cadets for this is becoming costly. It's a death sentence normally, but with our wonderful new addition, we may actually be able to find more about the titans!"

"...Whatever. Not like I have a choice"

Watching them interact was entertaining. Hanji wore a smirk of victory as the short human Levi walked away with a fit of grumbles. They turned back to face me. The smile staying prominent as a few papers were pulled off of the clipboard

"We have some plans for the operation. It will be the first Attempt to put scouts Inside of wall maria ever since it fell, and we were hoping to have you as protection! Being able to reclaim land from the titans is Objective number one, so being able to clear that area out would be a major victory for humanity!" they then got dramatic about me having to hurt my kin or something. I think I'm getting good at knowing when to tune them out. It's cute when they do it, but my thoughts have captured most of my attention. The mission would involve humans fighting titans, and finding a way to stop them from getting inside I guess. When I passed through the wall, there were a lot of them already there. They would want to block the entrance before doing the actual killing part, because the commotion would probably draw more in.

a lot can go wrong with this mission of theirs. From what I've seen, humans die really easily compared to their taller counterparts. A lot of humans would die if they made even the smallest slip. I understand them wanting me there to help, and I'm sure I could do just that, but having me there would probably be a lot more hassle than help. I'm guessing they don't want all of the buildings broken. I really don't like this plan.

I don't want to be there and see people die! What if it's a friend like Armin? I don't think I could handle seeing him die.

But being there to help, and keep them alive, is better than just staying here. Even if i... lose control.

With a new found drive, I swooped Hanji up and started walking in strides to the scout training field. They were a giggling and blushing mess the whole way. Classic Hanji, picked up by a titan and is more flustered than scared. When we made it back, it looked like Levi had just arrived as well. He wasn't happy with me holding a human, but other than that he didn't insult me very much. After meeting the team that would be going to the wall, ("Meeting" means that 90% of the people were shocked and scared while staring at me. Armin and the gang were there, so at least someone waved to me.) We set up the convoy and made plans for tomorrow morning. The original time was at night, so the sun wouldn't be up, but me being in the picture changed that. Right now, I'm just hanging out with Erin and Mikasa.

"Sorry Armin can't be here. He has to clean all of the halls as punishment for dropping food all over Levi." Eren chuckled when Mikasa said the last part. After seeing him laughing, Mikasa actually smiled with pink dusted cheeks. I have to say, her smile is very beautiful. She doesn't do it almost ever, but I guess that's similar to most people. Any joy that people can find in this world is worth holding onto. The other conversations were similar in nature, but I heard a lot more gossip about me than talks of other day events. Hanji decided to also come out and do their paperwork while visiting with the cadets. They made rounds, but eventually just stuck with our small group.

They definitely were happy to see me... i think? They were foaming at the mouth and jumping up and down begging me to lift them up again. Words falling out of their mouths faster than I could understand them. I didn't want them to embarrass themselves too much, so I decided to just put them on my chest. They ended up not doing any paperwork, because they were too occupied poking and squishing random parts of me. I have never seen someone so interested in their biggest threat before.

When Armin came out, they looked exhausted. He had large dark rings around his eyes and didn't seem to even question the fact that one of his squad leaders was currently braiding my hair. It hurt to see him in such a state. After making sure he was okay, I carefully lifted him up and placed him on me. It was amazingly cute when he collapsed and passed out almost instantly.

Humans are very entertaining indeed.