4

It took a while, but I was pulled to the wall via cart. The people in Armin's scout group were grumbling a lot and weren't afraid to voice their displeasure with my existence. There were a lot more people than last time, so maybe it wasn't just one scout group? I don't know anymore.

I've calmed down a bit, but I don't think I could ever be fully comfortable with my body trapped like this. 

We eventually stopped right before entering the first wall. Several humans zipped through the big hole.

… What are they doing? We aren't moving and nobody seems to want to. It stayed like this for a while until they came back.

"Squad leader Hanji, the outpost is still intact and ready to use."

"Alright, then let's get moving. It's starting to get late, so we shouldn't have to stay there for too long."

She then turned to me

"Did you hear that, beautiful? You'll probably be able to see your new home before tomorrow morning!"

We pulled up on a house that had fortifications and a hole in the roof. Soon after about half of the humans entered the building, smoke started to creep out of the hole. The other half zipped away to higher up places nearby. Probably as lookouts. I take another look at the bindings that I'm trapped in. My limbs are stuck in place, with holes barely big enough to fit my fingers into. I couldn't probably break out if I really wanted to, but I'd be risking my life with all of the active eyes around me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

The door opened to reveal my favorite face these past few days. I smiled wide and tried to pull on the bindings. Sadly, all it does is open the holes I was looking through slightly.

"Look, I'm really sorry about, well all of this. We weren't even supposed to leave Wall Maria. There are plenty of titans here, so why go out to the forest?"

I shrugged my shoulders. That does sound weird. Maybe… were they looking for me in particular? Maybe an abnormal titan was needed, but there was none in the wall. I was pretty close to where they were looking, and I definitely didn't look or act normal. Armin seemed to be deep in thought before shaking it off.

"It's probably nothing. Are you hurting anywhere? Those ropes look awfully tight."

I shake my head.

"Oh, that's good. I'm really glad that they didn't… you know. I think if they just knew you were different, we could have avoided this whole situation."

The door opened again. Revealing a face with goggles on it.

"There you are, cadet! You made me worried, disappearing like that."

"Ah! Squad leader Hanji! I'm so sorry. I was just… Um…"

"You were just talking to our Jayden over here, isn't that right?"

"Jayden? Who is Jayden?"

"Why, that's the name I gave to our big friend over there. You ought to be careful when talking to titans Arlert, people might think you're as crazy as me."

"Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. I'm not sure how to explain it, but they are… different then other titans."

"Oh I know, Isn't it exciting! I've never seen anything like this gorgeous specimen in front of me!"

"With all do respect, Squad leader, I don't just mean their appearance. Jaden was it? They are far different than any of their kin, and I can prove it."

"Such bold words cadet. Especially coming from you of all people. Then please, do show me."

He stiffly nods before approaching me. I think, at least with Armin, I'm comfortable with them getting close like this. Just like before, a warm touch slowly moves up and down between my eyes. Then what sounded like a squeal erupted in front of us.

"KEEAAAAAAAAA!! Theyaresodocileandcuteican'tbelieve theyletyoupetthemyouhavetoletmegonext!"

Hanji practically bounced over to me and latched onto my face. I just stare wide eyed at Armin before he gives me a shrug.

"Um, Squad leader Hanji? Maybe don't do that when they barely even know you."

They quickly drop back onto the ground before adjusting their goggles.

"You're right cadet. I'm so very sorry Jayden, I hope I didn't upset you by doing that."

I shake my head, smiling nervously. Then Hanji seemed to freeze with a massive blush.

"Did… You can… Understand…"

Then they fainted.