- 16 -

TODAY WAS THE day

TODAY WAS THE day. She had put it off for as long as possible and she couldn't prolong it anymore. Regulus and Severus needed to know now so they could start planning.

She had tried multiple times to corner the boys but could never find the right time.

She sat in the hall with her chin rested in her hand a dead look on her face. Everything was frustrating her and nothing was going according to plan. Remus was doing everything to be her friend and Lily was still trying her hardest to get the girl to like her.

"Come on, everyone knows Sirius loves me" Maisie cooed, hugging the boy. Sirius grumbled under his breath and shoved her off him.

If Davina had payed enough attention. She would probably notice the faint blush on Sirius's cheeks and the faint red tint on Maisie's ears.

"So Davina how are you today?" Lily questioned, smiling at the girl opposite her.

Davina had practically given up on the getting-her-to-hate-me idea and decided that being detached from her would be better.

"Fine" she said dryly. The girl nodded in acceptance and tried to ask more but she was stopped by Davina.

Davina had glanced behind Lily and noticed that Regulus Black had gotten up and was heading out of the hall by himself.

"I'm sorry I've gotta go" Davina said, jumping out of her seat and racing out the hall. She left behind the Gryffindor's who stared in confusion.

"What was that?" Remus questioned.

Maisie just shrugged and proceeded to dip Peter's fry into ketchup earning a cry of outrage from said boy.

"If there's anything I know from my time with Davina, is that she's incredibly calculated. Everything she does has a reason behind it."

The others let the information set in and decided that it really wasn't any of their business.

Davina continued to race after Regulus but she had practically lost him. She turned around in a huff before racing down another hallway.

She let out a tired sigh when she spiraled around and came blank. Where the hell had he gone?

"Why are you following me?" A voice asked. Davina stiffened before turning to look at the boy. His hair cascaded in black locks down to his shoulders. His eyes were a cold grey and there was an emotionless look on his face. A cold one.

"M-me? I'm not following you, no sir" she argued weakly.

"Very convincing" he muttered dryly.

"I need your help" Davina said. The boy in turn looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"And who's to say I'll help you?"

"I can't explain here" she muttered.

The boy in question turned his back to her and continued to walk down the hallway. Davina needed a selling point, something to persuade Regulus.