Chapter 017

With this, Herman Easton walked out of the door and ignored the sexy idiot inside the room.

He could do whatever he wanted.

He was too lazy to care about it.

Jared Cromwell's eyes followed Herman Easton until he walked out of the door. After a long time, his face was cold and serious, lying behind him with his eyes closed as if he was thinking of something.

He opened his eyes again. Then he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

When the phone was connected, Jared Cromwell gave an order to someone.

"Please check Herman Easton's personal details, including his birthday, experience, and any other information that you can get."

"The faster, the better. Give me the complete documents by this afternoon."

.....

In the afternoon, Herman Easton flew to the hospital.

It was still the same hospital and the familiar doctor with the gold-rimmed glasses.

The doctor pushed the glasses up onto the bridge of his nose, and there was a sharp light behind the lens. "Tell me, have you drink?"

Herman Easton grunted in agreement like a child who had done something wrong.

"Bang!"

The doctor smashed the file on the table and asked, "Was it a strong liquor?"

Herman Easton gripped his sleeve "..... Yes."

"Mr. Easton, how about this? I'll write a recommendation letter for you and suggest you to check your brain at the neuro department," The doctor satirized seriously.

This rough man who was sitting beside the doctor with gold-rimmed glasses looked fierce, but now he patted the doctor on the back like a fierce bear being tamed. "Okay, okay, don't be angry."

The doctor let go of his hand suddenly and said, "Don't touch me. What are you doing here like a fool? Get in."

The man felt wronged. "Don't be so fierce with me."

"Punch me if you able to? If you not dare to punch me, then just get out of here!"

The man gritted his teeth and walked back unhappily.

Herman Easton noticed the doctor had calmed down and he apologized immediately. I'm sorry, I don't want to drink either. I won't do it again!"

He was very afraid of teachers and doctors in his life.

Even in real life, he had lots of coarse dirty words, but when he met doctors and teachers, he would immediately fold his legs and put his hands flat, not daring to be presumptuous at all.

This was him, a bastard yet timid man.

The doctor lifted his glasses and said, "Do you know that alcohol is very dangerous to the fetus? It is likely to cause a permanent damage to its brain?!"

"I'm sorry!"

The doctor took a few breaths to calm down. "This child is yours. As a pregnant man, you must understand what you should do when you're pregnant. Since you choose to be pregnant, you should be responsible for the child!"

Herman Easton nodded vigorously. "Yes, yes, you are right! Have to be responsible!"

The doctor opened the report card grumpily and asked, "Has the other father of the child come with you?"

Herman Easton was stunned. "He..... "

The doctor's eyes gleamed with cold light and his voice became colder. "What's wrong with him? As the child's father, he didn't even have time to accompany you to the pregnancy test? Give me his phone number. I have to talk to this unqualified husband in person."

Herman Easton's mouth twitched. "He..... " The doctor waved impatiently. "Give me the number, I'll help you to condemn him."

"He..... " Herman Easton rolled his eyes. "He is ..... in prison."

The doctor was stunned. He blinked and his voice softened. "Well..... Mr. Easton, I'm sorry, I don't know about this."

Herman Easton's face was serious. "It doesn't matter. I can raise the child alone. I will be with the child. When he is released from the prison, he will reunite with us."

The doctor wiped the tears from his eyes and said, "You really are a great father!"

"You're just flattering me. It's nothing!" The doctor picked up a pen and wrote on the report card while saying, "Well, you should pay attention to your current diet. You can eat a certain amount of vitamins. Consult with me first if you want to consume other medicines. Do regular check ups. Two months later, you come here to do a down syndrome screening to check whether the alcohol had a bad effect on the fetus."

Herman Easton took the notes written by the doctor and said, "Sorry for the trouble."

"Alas," The doctor sighed, "A man's pregnancy is a precedent, but after all, it's very rare. We haven't had a comprehensive understanding of a man's reproductive system, so you should pay more attention to yourself..... This is my contact information. If you have any problems, you can call me at any time.."

Herman Easton nodded and kept the doctor's words in mind.

Walking out of the consultation room, he walked slowly along the hospital's narrow corridor.

The corridor was filled with the smell of disinfectant, stimulating his nose. There were many people sitting on the small seats in the corridor, either happy or sad, mostly was with expression of having difficulties.

He kept the medical records and several other reports. Before he looked up, he heard the clicking sound of high heels in front of him, accompanied by the sound of a woman.

"Herman Easton? Is that you?"

Herman Easton looked up and frowned.

He knew this woman. She was Jared Cromwell's cousin, Cora Cromwell.