14 🍂

Ibraheem watched as Haya was rushed inside the ER. He prayed that everything would be fine. He put his phone on silent as Maya kept calling. He didn't want to talk to her, atleast not right now. Soon the doctor came out of the ER and Ibraheem rushed to his side.

"Doctor! How's my wife?" He asked.

"She's fine, there's no need to worry. Seems like she's in a lot of stress and hasn't been eating well. She needs to rest and she'll be all good." The doctor explained and Ibraheem nodded his head.

"Can I see her?" He asked.

"She'll be shifted in the room in a moment, then you can meet her." The doctor said and left.

As Haya was shifted in the room Ibraheem sat in the waiting area, lost in his thoughts. A nurse came and broke him out of his reverie, informing him that he can go see his wife now. A part of him wanted to disappear from the surface of the earth, he felt as if he failed as a husband, but the other part wanted to make it up to his wife, even if it took the entirety of his life.

He entered the room and saw Haya laying on the bed, unconscious. An IV attached to her hand. He walked towards and sat on the chair beside her bed. He couldn't help but feel himself tear up at the sight.

"I'm sorry Haya, please mujhe maaf kardo. Tum jo saza dogi mujhe qubool hogi, please wake up. Why is it that everytime I apologise is when you're unconscious. Don't punish me like this please." He cried.

He stayed there right beside her the whole night. He didn't even know when he fell asleep. Haya stirred awake a few hours later and her head felt heavy. She looked around and found herself in an unfamiliar setting. Realisation dawned upon her as she looked around and concluded that she in a hospital. The events happened in the previous hours came rushing to her. She tried sitting up which caused Ibraheem to wake up, who was holding her hand in his firm one.

"Haya, my love, I was so worried." He quickly seated himself beside her. "I'm so glad you're okay! You scared me." He cupped her face but she looked away.

Although Ibraheem knew he deserved it, it didn't hurt any less.

"Mujhe ghar jana hai!" Haya said blankly.

"Yes of course. I'll just go sign the discharge papers and then we'll head home." He said with a smile, but it dropped the instant Haya replied.

"Mujhe apne ghar jana hai! Mama baba ke ghar."

"Haya.." Ibraheem started but she cut him off.

"Ibraheem, I am very tired and I'm so not in the mood to argue with you. I want to go to my parents' house. If you won't take me there, I'll ask Zafar bhai to come pick me up."

"Okay I'll take you there."

Soon after the formalities were done and Haya was discharged from the hospital. An awkward silence lingered as Ibraheem drove to the Khan Villa. He couldn bare the silence so he tried speaking.

"Haya look, I'm so sorry...." He started, but she cut him off again.

"Yes, Haya I'm sorry, I won't do it again, you were not making any sense. Bla bla bla, please Ibraheem, don't waste either of our energies. I'm tired of hearing the same thing again and again."

He didn't say anything after that. He knew she needs time and space. And he's willing to give it to her. It'll be a difficult task for him but he has to do it, for the greater good.

The car stopped outside Khan Villa and Haya got of the car without a word. Ibraheem followed her.

"Haya." He called out. She stopped but didn't turn around. "When will you come back?" He asked, his voice laced with anticipation.

She didn't say anything and went inside. That's when Ibraheem completely lost it. He punched the nearest thing, which was his car.

He wanted to go in there and bring her back home but he knew he'd loose her for good if he did that. He got in his car and drove off.

Inside Khan Villa, Haya was greeted by Zubaida having her morning coffee in the living room.

"Haya beta, sab kheriyat, tum itni subah yahan?" Zubaida asked. "Kiske saath aayi? Ibraheem kahan hai?"

Haya didn't answer and sat beside her mother. Zubaida then noticed the cannula attached to Haya's hand.

"Haya kya hua hai? Beta you're scaring me."

"I was at the hospital, and I didn't want to go back to Ibraheem's house so he dropped me here." Haya's voice extremely monotonous.

"Hospital?" Zubaida exclaimed horrified.

"Weakness. Nothing serious. Me rest karne jaun please?" Haya asked.

"Haan ofc beta. But you're gonna have to tell me everything later!" Zubaida said helping Haya walk to her room.

"I will." She said and laid on her bed. Her mother covered her with the quilt and left the room. To say she was worried would be understatement. She needed answers. She immediately called Ibraheem, but he didn't answer. She heaved out a long sigh.

"I guess I'll have to wait for Haya to tell me everything herself."