3 🍄

It had been four days since Falak came back and three since she met Saad. Part of her was happy to meet him but a part of her was terrified as hell. For the past five years she dwelled on the fact that her and Saad's story was just a matter of 'right person wrong time'. She knew coming back home, she'd bump into him someday, she didn't think, it would be this soon. It's destiny that they met each other again, it's destiny that the two still haven't moved on. However, if even this time they didn't end up together, it'd be a cruel joke of fate.

Falak shook all the negative thoughts from her mind. She sat on the window sill of her bedroom. It was clear night with no clouds making it easy for her to admire the beauty of the full moon.

'tumhe pata hai haris, mujhe thode din pehly saad mila tha. khush lagrha tha ya dikhne ki koshish kar raha tha pata nahi..sach kahoon to aisa lag raha tha kisi ajnabee se mil rahi hoon, ke jaise mai uss shakhs ko jaanti nahi thi, mujhe usme wo shakhs dikha hi nahi jisse mai mohabbat karti thi...ya jo mujhse karta tha.' Falak let out a sigh.

'look at me talking about things which never make sense. sometimes i wonder how did we even end up here. honestly speaking me and him never sense.' She chuckled to herself. ' tumhe pata hai? hadi aur sadia ki beti hai. unhone use mera naam diya hai. wo log jinhe main piche chor kar chali gayi thi, unhone aaj bhi mera wajood apni khushiyon me jod rakha hai. sochti hoon unse ab kis muh se milungi, lekin milungi zaroor, iss baar kisi chiz se nahi bhagungi.'

In the past years Falak formed a habit of talking to Haris. To some it might seem she was crazy but she wasn't. To her, talking to him felt like sorting her thoughts. And what's wrong in missing a friend.

Falak grabbed her phone from her nightstand and checked the notifications. She smiled seeing she had a text from Saad.

Saad:
Fifi?
Can I call you?

Falak:
Sure :)

Though it seemed a bit unnatural since they never needed to ask before calling each other, but she liked that he's being considerate. A few minutes later her phone ringing but she didn't answer immediately. It rang for a few seconds before she answered.

"Hello, I hope I didn't disturb you.." Saad muttered.

"No you didn't." She smiled though he couldn't see her.

"Kaisi ho Fifi?" He asked, mentally slapping himself for being so awkward.

"Main theek hoon, tum kaise ho?"

"Theek hoon." He answered. "Uhmm actually there's something I wanted ask you." He said.

"Han bolo." Falak's heart thumped, thinking about the a million things he could ask from her.

"Are you free this Saturday?" He asked.

"The one that's day after tomorrow." She mentally facepalmed 'gadhi this Saturday ka aur kya matlab hota hai.' "uhm yeah I'm free. Kyun?"

"Hadi aur Sadia tumse milna chahte hain." Saad replied. Part of her was disappointed as she was hoping something else. "Falak se toh ghar pohochne tak ka sabr nahi hua food court se Hadi ko call karke batane lagi I met your friend jinka naam mere jaisa hai." Saad chuckled.

"Hahah that kid is a cutie." No one said anything for a while but then Falak said, "Saad?"

"Hm?"