QURBAT 🐚

PROLOGUE

Shagufta Khan entered her daughter's dimly lit room and found her daughter in deep thought, staring into nothingness.

"Aliya?" Her mother called out to her.

"Ji ammi?"

"Tum Shams se shadi karogi?" She asked carefully.

The girl looked at her mother, her face flashed a couple of expressions before she made a face of disgust.

"Mere liye wohi reh gaya hai saare zamaane ka badtameez aur ek number ka ghamdi?" She asked furiously.

"You have to understand to severity of the situation." Her mother tried to argue with her daughter but she beat her to it.

"Bhad me jae situation ammi. Main usse shadi nahi karungi."

~~~~

Saleha Siddiqui approached her son with high hopes and expressed her desire to him. She hoped that he would take her wish into consideration and agree to marry Aliya.
There was an eerie silence in the room after his mother asked for his answer.

"Main Aliya se shadi nahi karunga." Shams declared his final answer. 

~~~~

"Aliya Khan binte Fareed Khan kya apko Shams Siddiqui wald Saud Siddiqui se ye nikkah qabool hai?" The maulvi asked.

"Qabool hai." Aliya answered.

"Shams Siddiqui wald Saud Siddiqui kya apko Aliya Khan binte Fareed Khan se ye nikkah qabool hai?"

"Qabool hai." Shams answered.