9 💟

"Fifi." Saad breathed out holding a bouquet of yellow roses, her favourite. "I am so sorry. I really am. I'm the biggest idiot, I shouldn't have said that." He said passing the bouquet to her. " I promise mai aagy aisa kuch bhi nahi karunga." She stood there with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Aur kuch?" She asked. Saad was now loosing his cool and Falak knew it. She was testing his patience. He knew it. Everyone knew it.

"Falak I..-" Saad actually didn't know what else to say. It was already a pain for him to apologise and she was making it hard for him. Falak smiled seeing Saad Agha at a loss for words. She took the bouquet from him.

"I forgive you." Everyone released a breath they didn't even know they were holding in. "And if you dare pull this type of shit ever again...." She warned.

"Never, I promise." He raised his arms in surrender.

"I appreciate the apology, and these." Falak said pointing to the flowers. They all sat on their respective seats at their table. " By the way, how do you even know I like yellow roses?" She asked Saad.

"I asked Jen. And mind you she made me work for it." Saad replied putting his arm behind Falak's chair.

"She did? Kya karwaya?" She laughed.

"Humara bacha hua assignment Saad krega." Jen announced laughing. "Yayyy."

"Ye? Barbad kar dega. Passing marks bhi nahi milengy." Hadi laughed. Sadia smiled at his statement.

"Bhaii ke liye toh kabhi nahi kiya bete." Haris complained slapping Saad's back.

"Saad tum school me toh aise nahi thy." Mariyam stated with a tight smile.

"I guess waqt ke saath badalna padhta hai. Tum bhi try karke dekho Mariyam." He almost taunted.

"Wo sab to theek hai but mujhe Saad py zara bhi bharosa nahi hai. Jen tum isse kuch aur kaam karwa lena but not our assignment. Itni mehnat kari hai sab khrab hojaegi." Falak stated looking up at him.

"Itni be-aitbari acchi baat nahi hai." He said looking down at her.

"How about this, you guys should all come over. Hum sab chill karengy, Saad tmhara assignment complete krega and you can watch over him?" Hadi suggested. Falak looked over at him, who flickered his eyes towards Sadia for a split second. Saad noticed this encounter but refrained himself from speaking.

"Great idea, Hadi." Falak exclaimed. "Everyone fine with it?"

They all chorused "yes" and "yeah"

"Fresher's ka kya scene hai?" Saad chirped.

"A friend of mine is selling out passes. and I've told him keep aside 7 passes for us." Haris informed.

"Harry only 6." Falak reminded him.

"Don't listen to her. 7 is good Harry." Saad said.

"Saad I'm not going, but if you want me to buy a pass to waste it, sure I'll do it." Falak rolled her eyes.

"Falaakkkk kyu natak kar rhi hooo?" Mariyam asked.

"Mera mood nahi hai, nahi pasand mujhe parties. Zabardasti hai kya." Falak snapped.

"Nahi zabardasti nahi hai but you're our friend tumhare bina maza kaise ayega." Haris tried to make her understand.

"I know Harry but I'm not comfortabl-"

"Theek hai. Mai bhi nahi ja raha." Saad interrupted her.

"Tum mujhe emotional blackmail kar rahe ho."

"Nahi. I understand, you don't want to go. agar tum nahi jana chahti it's fine. I also won't go." He replied.

"Acha I'll think about it okay?" Falak surrendered.

"Okay." He smiled at her. "Waise tum logo ka submission kab hai?" He asked.

"I think Friday." Sadia replied Jen nodded in affirmation.

"And how much of the work is left?"

"Not much. We were almost done. I guess only one sub heading is left." Mariyam replied.

"Thik hai tohh I'll do it on Thursday. You guys also come over on Thursday."

They all agreed on going to Hadi and Saad's place on Thursday. The rest of the day went as usual. They all bunked class and even made Hadi bunk, it didn't take much convincing this time. They decided to play football because they haven't done that in a while. Mariyam and Sadia didn't know how to play but Mariyam said she'll try and Sadia simply stated,

"Mujhe dar lagta hai. Agar mujhe ball lag gyi toh."

Hadi just melted at her cuteness.

Saad, Mariyam and Falak were in one team and Haris, Jennifer, Hadi were in one. When they started the game, Sadia couldn't help but keep her gaze fixed at Hadi. And him on the other hand couldn't concentrate knowing she would be watching him play. Hadi didn't know when the game was over and his team lost because of him. Falak fell on the ground laughing while Harry and Jen chased Hadi for making them lose. Saad gave her his hand, helping her stand up.

"Good game." She fist bumped him. He nodded in agreement. "You should go and save your brother. Dono torture krrhe hai bichare ko." Falak laughed. He ran towards the trio where Harry was holding Hadi and Jen was tickling him mercilessly. Hadi let out loud shrieks of laughter.

Mariyam appeared beside Falak almost scaring her.

"Mariyam tum kidhar chali gayi thi?" She asked.

"Idhar hi thi. You know Falak, I don't think you two are just friends." Mariyam said.

"Mariyam I swear hum sirf dost hain. Tum galat mat samjho please." She said feeling bad for her.

"Wo tmhare liye friend hai Falak but for him you're not just a friend."

"Mariyam aisa..-"

"It's okay Falak, it's not your fault he doesn't like me back." Mariyam stated.

"Hey cheer up. You'll definitely find someone who sees your worth. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't like Saad that way." Falak said wrapping her arm around Mariyam's shoulder.

"It doesn't matter now, but thank you for making me feel better." She smiled.

"Ofcourse. That's what friends are for."

Short chapter. Hehe :)
Drop your thoughts  <3