10| Bros Before Hoes

I slide my tounge across my teeth, sending Brenda daggers.
Sebastian cleared his throat, as if he was caught off guard by Brenda antics.

"Its just a game it means nothing. Right Crystal?"

"Right." I said through gritted teeth.

I looked at Zeno and he was starring back at me with hazel eyes deep into mines. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." He assured.

"Its just a dare."

I have nothing to feel bad about, Sebastian and I are NOT together this is just a little show. So, I'm technically doing nothing wrong.

I leaned in, closing my eyes. His fingers carress my cheek before cupping my chin, sending waves of tingles and butterflies through my body. Before I knew it are lips connected, everyone in the room gasped. I didn't want to make it seem like I was actually enjoying it so I quickly pulled away.

I looked around the room, all eyes were on us of course. Sebastian erruptly stood up and walked out the back door.

SEBASTIAN

The door slid open, and I didn't even have to turn around to guess who it was.

"Sebastian."

"What do you want Zeno?"

"Look it was just a dare, it didn't mean any-"

"I'm not mad about that we aren't even dating, she can do whatever she wants." I admitted.

"What?" He said surprised.

I rubbed the back of my head, "It was all pretend just to get back at Brend- why am I even telling you this we aren't friends."

He let out a deep breath, "Thats what I've been meaning to talk to you about. I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry?" I scoffed. "Sorry isn't going to cut it Zeno. You betrayed me, you got me sent to Juvie." I reminded him. "You left me. Like a fucking coward Zeno. I was stuck, I saw you turn around but you kept on running."

He sucked his teeth and started to walk back inside but he stopped and turned around. "Yeah, I left and what about it?" He took a step closer to me, "I don't think you understand real life Bash, I wasn't going to be dealt with lightly, getting caught selling drugs. I'm a black dude, yeah I'm lightskinned but the first thing these mother fuckers see before they see my hazel eyes is that I'm black. I don't come from a rich family like you, I don't have daddies or mommies money. I have a mother on her fucking death bed. So excuse me if I ran, I can't afford to go to prison."

He stepped back, dragging his hands down his face, letting out a deep sigh, has he been holding that inside all this time? "And I get that you go through so much shit," His voice cracked, "And I'm not undermining that at all and you do this shit with me so we can get the fuck outta here and live for once. But you can fall back on a nice plush couch, me I fall back on a fucking brick wall."

I don't really know what to say nobody has ever said that to me in my entire life.

"I was just hurt, to see your best friend ditch you like that. It hurt. But, I never looked at it in that way. So I can see where you're coming from. At times- well most times I'm privileged and sometimes I can be a bit... snobby."

He chuckled at the last part, "Snobby more than that! you don't even drink regular bottled water it has to be fiji." He laughed.

"What? Fiji just taste different and like it." I laughed.

"But no maybe I was being a bit emotional." I admitted.

"And I was jealous." He said.

We sat in silence for a second after admitting our faults. "So does this mean we are cool again?" I asked, hoping we were because this not talking was driving me crazy. Zeno has been my best friend since forever and it has been an awkward time not talking.

"Yeah!" We dapped each other up.

"Is everything okay out here?" Brenda and Crystal stood at the door awkwardly smiling.

"Yeah, we'll be inside in a minute." I said.

Once they closed the door Zeno grinned, "So, you and Crystal. Would it be okay if I slid in, since you guys aren't dating?"

I went to say something but I closed my mouth, biting the insides of my cheeks. "Uhh...." I looked through the glass door and my eyes landed on Crystal she was laughing. Her smile is gorgeous. Who was making her laugh like that?

"Unless you caught feelings." Zeno snapped me back to reality.

"Psh, no. Never, shes not my type. Shes all yours but just don't make it so obvious." I patted him on the shoulder.

Crystal

"Aren't you glad I didn't drink, you guys would've been stranded." I came to a stop at a stop sign.

"Yeah, thanks. We drinked a little too much tonight." Zeno chuckled.

"A little is a understatement. And what are you guys like friends now?"

"We are the best of buds again. I just had to check my privilege. I'm l-like-" he got cut off by a hiccup, "An allie now. I mean I've always been what but like I'm the best of allies, because I'm the best at everything."

"What is this white boy talking about?" I laughed confused.

"I do know but.... I don't know." Zeno shook his head.

"BLM!" He held his fist out.

"If you don't shut this white boy up before he digs himself a whole he won't be able to dig himself out of."

"Okayyyy!!! I'll shushhhhh, you shushhh!"

Zeno faked gasped. "Thats crazy you're silencing a black women. Damn, he just silenced you."

He leaned up to the front, "What! Never my beautiful queen." He slurred his words.

My mouth dropped and I fell into a fit of laughter, pulling up in his drive-way. "Get this man out of my car now." I unlocked the doors.

"Alright up you go." Zeno helped him up and shut the door. "See you later." Zeno winked at me.

Gosh he's so cute.

"Bye!!" Sebastian yelled.

"Beautiful queen." I smiled to myself.

He's so stupid.