16| Words You Shouldn't Have Said

CRYSTAL

"Do you think he's going to be pissed?"

"O-"

"Of course he's going to be pissed! This shit is more precious than his own daughter." I panicked as I dumped my dads alcohol in the kitchen sink and throw away the empty bottles.

"Yes, he's going to be pissed for a time but you're saving his life and your guys relationship." James stated.

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea. You know how addicts are when people touch their things, they freak out. That's what happened to my brother before he went to rehab. My abuela touched his stash and he went loco." Diana said, making me second guess myself.

"You're making me regret doing this-- No, no, I'm not going to let my father scare me." I threw the last bottle in the trash, making it break. "I'm sick of the house smelling like a bar, I'm SICK of him coming home drunk and waking me up because he's throwing up. I'm tired!"

"Yes!! Stay strong!" James exclaimed, excitedly.

Headlights shined through the kitchen window, "He's home!" I panicked.

"Put yourselves on mute, because I'm putting you guys in my back pocket."

"You've got this chica! Stay strong!" Diana encouraged before he came inside.

"Hey dad." I awkwardly said.

"Hey." He walked passed me and straight to the fridge. He rummaged through the fridge for a second and slammed it close. "Where is all my beer?" He walked over to the cabinet where he stored his liquor and once he notice their was none there he slammed it shut and glared at me.

"I-I-" I paused taking a deep breath, composing myself, reminding myself to Stay strong.

"I threw it all away." I said firmly.

I walked over to the trash and pulled out an empty vodka bottle. "I dumped it all in the sink and I threw it away." I stated.

"No." He shook his head not believing it, he walked over to the trash, "Are you fucking kidding me?!" He shouted, kicking the trash can over, making me flinch.

"Dad!! You're an alcoholic and you need help! I'm just trying to help you!" I cried

"Help? I don't need help!"

"I could fucking laugh in your face! You come home drunk ever got damn day, you don't even work! Because who would want to hire a alcoholic like yourself! We live in this shit-hole of a place You have ME working like a dog so I could pay bills that I could barley pay, because I'm still in high school! "

He roughly placed his hands on my shoulders, "I'M COPING!" He shouted.

"Because of you! I can't even look at you! You did this to me!"

"W-What?" My voice cracked.

"If you weren't born, if you never existed. My wife and my son would still be here, if it wasn't for you fucking stupid birthday they wouldn't have died." He pointed hard at my chest, pushing me slightly back.

"That's not fair." My voice was low and I suddenly got dizzy. I always said that to myself, but to hear your own father say that to you, it hurts, its hurts a lot.

"Your fault."

"Its your fault." He repeated, tears streaming down his face.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, and ran up the stairs.

"Layla baby!" James cooed.

"Oh my gosh Layla." Diana said.

I took my phone out of my back pocket, I forgot they heard all of that, without warning I hung up. They tried calling me back but I just ignored them, I didn't want to talk about it.