24| Karma

Sebastian

I threw the tennis ball to the ceiling and caught it before it hit me in the face. What did I do? Why did I do that?

I threw the ball at the door out of frustration. I tried texting Crystal but she's not answering. She's going to be pissed that I ended it without bringing it up with her first.

There was a knock at the door, "Yes?"

"Its mom. Your dad is home, he wants to see you in his office asap."

I let out a deep breath. I was dreading this moment all day. "Sebastian, please just be nice. Please." She whispered.

I got up out of bed and opened the door. she stood there with a sad look on her face. "Please." She pleaded.

"Sure." I nodded my head.

I walked towards his office and braced myself for a long conversation, I knocked, "Come in." He spoke, sending shivers down my spine.

I hesitantly opened the door and walked inside. The last time I was in here... It didn't go well.

"You did what?!" My dad shouted, pushing me to the floor.

"I-I didn't mean to. I didn't even want to do it in the first place!" I cried.

"The man is in the hospital because of you! I told you to scare him not beat him half the fucking death! Do you know, how bad this is?! What if he snitches, do you know what could happen to me and everything I worked for?" And with every word he kicked the living shit out of me. I remember that night I couldn't even sleep, I was in so much pain and too afraid.

"I want something." He takes out a box from his book shelf and places it on his desk.

"I need something don-"

"No!" I got up from my chair, "No!" I shook my head.

"I know where this is going, I'm not-- I'm not doing that anymore! I told you this!" I shouted.

"I don't care! This is important, he has a property that will be worth a lot but he won't move. This could be good for the business and the money I lost."

"Dad..."

"Son," he approached me and I braced for some sort of impact, but instead he placed his hands on my shoulders and gave them a good squeeze, "You are my only son, we use to work together and I was so proud of you!" He smiled.

He's not going to hit me? Or yell. This is all I ever wanted.

He walked back over to the desk and opened the box revealing a gun. He handed it to me. It's not like I haven't seen one or held one before I have one in my room.

"Do I have to kill him?"

"No! God no! Sebastian, I just want you to scare him. Make him sign and leave. Like you use to do. But not like last time... last time didn't go as planned now did it?"

I looked down at my trembling hands, I should be the one in prison.

X

X

X

Zeno

"I'm totally not just waking up, forgetting we had a date t- date? Is that what we are calling this? Or are we just hanging out late at night... just the two of us." She babbled on and on, I couldn't help but laugh at how cute she sounded.