17| You're Safe

SEBASTIAN

"Breaking news, there has been a shooting at a house party on birk road, 1 pernounced dead and 2 injured."

"Shooting, shooting, shootings. Thats all you hear now in this country." My mom spoke, turning off the TV.

I really was not paying attention, I tapped through my Instagram story, why do people post so fucking much? I was about to click off when I landed on Crystals story, she was playing Pool and taking, drink after drink.

She's at a party?

My face fell when I saw Zeno and her dancing.

With him!?

"Sebastian!" My dad snatched my phone out of my hand, "You're at the dinner table, have some respect for you're mother." He put my phone down next to his play.

"You're one to talk about respect." I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I played with my spaghetti not really hungry. Why did nobody tell me there was going to be a party? Why didn't she call.

I rolled my eyes, why do I even care? We are not dating so it doesn't matter, its not like I'm catching feelings.

Never that.

"Are you even listening?" My dad snapped.

I sat up straight, clearing my throat, "No what- huh?" I asked confused.

"I said, I don't want you hanging around with that girl anymore."

"What girl?"

"The one that tazed me." He muttered, rubbing the spot Crystal tazed him in. Serves him fucking right.

I scoffed, "You've got to be joking. I'm not going to stop hanging out with my girlfriend." I smirked, he doesn't know.

He almost chocked on his water, "Girlfriend? Excuse me? No, you will break up with her immediately." He ordered.

My face fell, "No. You don't get to come back home and start barking orders. This is my life and I can do whatever I wa-" before I could finish my sentence he had slapped me across the face.

I looked at my mom, she had her head down, not bothered to say anything.

"Fuck this." I said through gritted and angrily stood up, grabbing my phone and walking out the dining room.

My phone started to ring and ring. I looked at the caller I.D unknown number, I ignored it and kept walking up the stairs to my room.

They called again. I answered the phone, "Who is this?" I barked.

"Its Crystals friend James. Have you spoken to her, have you seen her?" He said in a panic.

"No, I haven't seen her since school ended. Why?" I laid down on the bed.

"Shes not answering my calls our text, she's at this party and I'm afraid she's at the party that got shot up!"