Games

We had finished our brunch in the morning and Matthew said he was going to take a quick shower before we can proceed with whatever we had planned for the day.

I agreed and decided to sit down in the living room with Koda resting on my lap and my brothers sitting down next to me. The room was filled with silence as we stared at each other, waiting for someone to speak first.

"Bella, I would like to speak with you in my office please." I heard Matteo inform me as he stood up from his sitting position.

I gulped and moved Koda off my lap before standing up nervously as I watched him head towards his office. I wonder what he wants to tell me, whatever it is it must be important. He only asks me to speak to him in his office if it's urgent or significant.

Maybe it's about the conversation with Matthew from this morning. My heart started to thump out of my chest at the thought. Had he caught me eavesdropping? I hope he hasn't, otherwise I'm going to be in huge trouble.

My thoughts began to become jumbled up, twisting in a ball of twine as I tried to think of the many possibilities of the subject he has to tell me about.

When I entered the office I immediately sat down without hesitation. I put on a straight face, trying not to show that I was very nervous to hear what he had to say.

Once I squished myself into the seat I looked up at Matteo and gave a small smile. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked, curiosity laced in my voice.

Matteo cleared his throat and sighed as he leaned back on his chair looking unprofessional than he was before. "Bella, I know you were listening in on our conversation this morning. I heard you run back up the stairs." He told me and my body stiffened up right away from what he had said.

"I..I'm sorry Matteo! I didn't mean to, please don't punish me." I stuttered out feeling my stomach churn with fear of what he would say.

"Principessa~ it's alright, it's wrong of you to listen in on others' conversations, but I'll forgive you for it this time." Matteo informed me and sighed as relief washed over me. I am surprised that he let me get away with eavesdropping, it's just that I couldn't help but listen in on a conversation that was about me.

"Thank you...and I'm sorry again..I promise I won't do it ever again!" I stated with sincereness and I stood up from the comfortable fabric chair that I was seated in. Matteo did the same and led me out of his office.

When we got back to the living room Matthew was sitting on the floor with many different games spread out. His hair was messy and damp but he looked very comfortable.

I giggled and took a seat on the rug right next to Matthew so we could start playing.

"Guys come sit!" I patted the floor and smiled warmly as my brothers sat down with us to play.

"What game do you guys want to play first?" Matthew asked us and I started to scan over the options we had set out.

"Mega jenga" Antonio and I both shouted at the same time and when we realized that, I knocked on the floor. "Jinx! Knock on wood you have to get me a snack now!" I laughed out and Antonio gasped with shock.

"Yah! That's not fair I wasn't ready~" Antonio whined and I stuck my tongue out at him. He got up and treaded his way to the kitchen to grab the leftover brownies we had from the night before.

When he came back with a plate of brownies all cut up already my stomach rumbled at the sight yearning for the rich chocolaty goodness.

Antonio set the brownies down on the floor as we built the mega Jenga until all pieces were placed on top of each other.

"Okay, I call dibs on going first!" I chimed with excitement as I started pulling the first block out. I wiggled it carefully, maneuvering the piece out of the slot. I finally got it free without knocking down the tower and I placed the block on top.

I grinned and sat back down, it was now Luca's turn and then we would go on from that direction. Luca started to pull out a large block but the piece became stuck.

"Come on Luca! You got this!" I cheered him on as I giggled under my breath. Luca finally got the block out and placed it on top. Now it was Lorenzo's turn and I watched intently seeing him being daring and taking out a piece so that only one block was holding up the section on the top.

"Lorenzo you're gonna make us all lose now that you did that" Gio whined since he was the next turn.
He decided to take out a block from below and it came out easily.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy" Gio hummed out and sat back down on the floor.

The game went on for what felt like a million years, but then the tower came tumbling down after Matteo tried to pull out a risky block. The tower was already leaning and it decided to fall on Luca and I which hurt like a biotch. Those blocks were really heavy and so many of them falling on is at once was painful.

Now I am sitting on the couch, nibbling on a brownie while Matteo rambled on, apologizing multiple times for knocking the blocks on me.

"Matteo~ I'm fine, come on how about we play some twister or something?" I mentioned the game and he nodded right away.

"Alright as long as you're okay." He hummed and ruffled my hair like I was a little child. I would be lying if I said I didn't like when he did that, but it made me feel happy inside knowing he loves me.

"Uncle Matthew! Can we play Twister next? Please please please" I insisted with puppy eyes and he chuckled softly before grabbing the box for that held the twister game inside.

"Fine, you must help me set it up first then we can play." He said and I nodded as I opened up the box and took out the tarp that had the many colorful circles on it.

I placed the tarp down and my brothers walked over to wait while we set up. Since we had more players we decided to double up two twister games so the mat was larger.

"Alright who's spinning?" I asked and Matthew looked at me right away.

"I'm spinning Bella, you guys can play together." Uncle Matthew informed me and I pouted before nodding and positioning myself on the tarp.

Matthew spun and it landed on left foot green. Alright this is easy so far, I thought to myself and then the game went on.

After the 5th move, everyone was already struggling. I had my left foot on red, my right hand on yellow, my left hand on green and we had to have our right foot in the air.

Beside me Dante was breathing heavily and soon he collapsed, losing the game for himself. 1 down 5 more to go I said to myself and pushed myself to win.

-----------------

Soon it was just me and Matteo and I was determined to beat him. My body was aching and burning from the weird, uncomfortable positions we had to act upon. After about a minute, Matteo's leg gave out and touch the mat.

Matthew noticed this and gasped. "BELLA WINS!" He shouted and I fell on the mat in victory. Matteo helped me up and I smirked slightly as I looked up at him.

"I knew I was gonna beat you~" I hummed and took a seat on the couch. I was super tired from all the games we played, now I just wanted to curl up with Koda and go take a long nap.

Dante walked over to me and placed a blanket over my tiny body. "Take a nap, we will clean up." He said softly and I closed my eyes, drifting off into a short nap.

1400 words