Chapter 13 - At Night

Ink's POV

After hugging for a few minutes, we pulled away. Error stared at me before wiping my cheeks with his sleeve. It seemed that I was unknowingly crying because of my failed attempt to protect to jade village.

Error: You don't need to feel sorry for yourself. Those invaders were overwhelming... even for me.

  Something in my mind told me that the last part of his sentence was a lie. However, I decided to stay silent.

  Error stood up and placed his hand on my back, beginning to help me out of the bed. There was pain coursing through my abdomen but Error did something to make it temporarily stop.

  I calmly breathed once gaining my balance. Error smiled and picked up the tray.

Error: I'll let you be alone for a few minutes. You can leave the room whenever you want. I'll be in the herb room, making tea.

  He said as he left the room.

  I stood still, thinking about the attack. I sighed as I walked towards the desk. My katana and kodachi were resting on a stand, waiting for me to grab them.

  After attaching the blades to my waist, I wrapped my brown scarf around my neck and left the room. The hallways were just as elegant as the bedroom but they were also confusing.

  I eventually found the kitchen which was the emptiest room. There was a small table with only two cushions to sit on. There was also a boiling kettle of water.

  Connected to the kitchen was another room where I saw the burly images of plants behind the shoji door.

'The herb room.'

  I immediately saw Error when I slid the door open. He was standing at a table while using a pestle and mortar. Error turned around and looked at me before going back to his task.

Me: What type of tea are you making.

Error: I can't tell you. The plant I use is a secret.

  He said in a calm tone and without looking away from the bowl-shaped mortar.

Me: Oh.

  I walked around the room, admiring the several plants that were grown. I recognized some of them but others were a mysterious to me.

  In the corner of the room was a tank of water. Floating on the surface, were lotus flowers and lilies of different colors.

  My hands scooped into the water and picked up a red lotus. It reminded me of the one in my room back in the village.

Error: You like lotuses as well?

Me: I have one in my room. However, I don't think it's still alive as I haven't given it nourishment.

Error: You're giving it nourishment right now, Ink.

  I put down the flower and turned around. I gave him a confused expression.

Me: What do you mean by that?

  His eyes slightly widened, showing that he was shocked about something.

Error: Um... It was just something random that came to me.

  I went to respond but Error suddenly grabbed the mortar, walking into the kitchen.

  I watched Error pour water onto the grains to create a cup of tea. Then, he motioned for me sit down. The cup was pushed to me.

Error: Drink it.

  Once I took the first sip, I immediately felt refreshed. It made the pain in my body disappear.

  Error's voice caught my attention.

Error: Ink. I wish to meet with you tonight at the beach.

  I was speechless for a second.

Me: Where on the beach?

Error: You'll know. Just follow the flowers.

(Time Skip)

  I paced back and forth, thinking about what Error had said.

  The sun was setting which meant that it was almost night. Taking a deep breath, I left my house.

  As I walked down the mud trail, I ran into Metallic.

Metallic: Where are you going, Ink?

Me: Just going for a walk.

  He nodded and then walked off.

  I walked without a knowledge of anything until I saw a red flower laying on the ground.

'Just follow the flowers.'

  My feet carried me towards the flower. I was led into the forest.

  The walk wasn't long before the trees opened up and showed the beach. I saw a silhouette in the distance, watching the ocean waves. I knew it was Error.

  The moon that loomed above them reflected off the waves. The water was the only sound that could be heard in the silence of the night.

  I swallowed the knot that had appeared in my throat before slowly walking towards the edge of the beach.

  I stopped a small distance away from Error. He turned around, seeming to know that I was here.

  The first thing that I noticed was that his eyes were glowing jade green. It made me realize.

Me: It was you who saved me in the ocean.

Error: Indeed I did, Ink.

  He stopped to think for a second.

Error: Ink. I've been wanting to tell you something. I'm... a dragon.

  I almost couldn't believe what he was telling me. I refused to believe to it.

Me: You're joking.

Error: I never joke.

  I began to walk off. However, a wall of water circled around us which prevented me from walking off. I turned around and stared at Error.

Error: Please don't leave, Ink.

  I saw his expression. It was desperate and begging, begging for me to listen. A sighed showed that I would oblige to his call.

Error: Another thing, I'm your soulmate.

  He began to approach, causing to back up. My body hot and blush showed on my cheeks.

Me: W-What are you doing? Back up.

  I was backed up against a tree that was within the water circle. It was a familiar situation.

  Error did not answer my question as he leaned in...

Locking our lips to kiss