chapter 98

Song Qinghan looked at him strangely and asked, “How can you be so indecisive? If you still want to go there, just go. If you don’t like it, then stay.”

Hesitation twined on Yuan Wenxuan’s face, he then said slowly, “The place where Doctor Shi goes is somewhere quite far away from here. And it’s a place where… where the smallpox reigns.”

Hearing the word “Smallpox”, Song Qinghan recalled something in his mind, and then he asked, “Is it MOSHANG Town?”

Not long ago when they were finding an accommodation, they met the farmer who sold goat’s milk. They came to know that the only way they could get a goat was to go westward till they could reach the Moshang Town, yet it was a pity that the whole town was put on lockdown because of the smallpox. Song Qinghan did promise to check it out once he settled down in the provincial capital, but since he got himself kind of busy these days, he had totally forgotten about it. And now it seemed that it was a divine will which entrusted him a grand mission.

As they were talking, Wu Dahu was just right aside listening, just as he caught the eagerness shown on Song Qinghan’s face, he knew that Song Qinghan was planning to visit, and then he turned to Yuan Wenxuan, saying, “Why did Doctor Shi plan to visit the town suddenly? Or he doesn’t even know the danger of the smallpox?”

Yuan Wenxuan answered honestly, “A femina man broke in Huichun Shop today and claimed that he came from the Moshang Town. Though he lives with patients with symptoms of smallpox, he is still healthy. So he just visited Doctor Shi to see whether there is a way to get a resolution from his special physical situation. He visited various doctors but none of them would really love to take a risk to visit the town. Such a trip had already worn him out as his countenance is pale with weakness. Probably he will die from the exhaustion within days. The sight of a femina man in tears failed Doctor Shi to be tough in mind, so he just promised to go with the femina man for a check.”

“But… Though he had promised the femina man that he would go there, he didn’t intend to get into the town but just rest at the nearby town, and he will ask that femina man to take those patients out one by one to see whether he can find a way to cure such a disease.”

Song Qinghan nodded understandingly. After all, though doctors were all responsible for curing people, they should consider their own safety as well. Otherwise, it would be a total tragedy if he devoted himself or even made him as a sacrifice just to treat people but nothing positive posted as a feedback.

He glanced at Wu Dahu, but didn’t dare to say a word.

Wu Dahu patted Little Shitou gently on the back, and then turned to Song Qinghan, saying slowly, “If you really want to go, go. I will take good care of Little Shitou.”

The image of Wu Dahu taking Little Shitou to the Martial Club just popped up right in Song Qinghan’s mind, he was quite reluctant to place his own child into an environment full of clicking sounds of weapons. But he was even more reluctant to take the child with him in this trip because he knew exactly that kid’s immunity was a far cry from the one of a grown-up. Even though he was a doctor, that didn’t mean he could let his guard down.

If there was something wrong with Little Stone because of his negligence, even if Wu Dahu didn’t blame him, he wouldn’t forgive himself.

But if he just let the chance go… Probably that femina man would just die out of his exhaustion as Yuan Wenxuan mentioned. And if he really died, it would be difficult for them to find another guy who had innate immunity toward such a disease.

Seeing that Song Qinghan was with a changeable expression on face, Wu Dahu could draw a conclusion that Song Qinghan must be wavered over the current matter, and then he said, “Xiao Lin and Xu Ziyu have no time for harassing me now, so I’ve got plenty of time being alone in the hall center, I can bring Little Shitou there and ask Brother to take care of him for a bit. It’s gonna to be fine.”