103

After Zhai Su and Elder Zhu left, Song Qinghan closed the courtyard door and followed Wu Dahu into the kitchen, comforting him softly, “What’s gone is gone, just let it be!”

Wu Dahu silently added more firewood into the bricked hearth, nodded without words.

He also wanted to pretend that nothing had happened, just like Zhai Su did. But all those bad memories, those hurtful moments just kept bothering him every single moment, haunting him in his nightmares. And in the meantime, those memories were reminding him of the fact that how Zhai Su abandoned him and his father like throwing pieces of trash.

Song Qinghan sighed, he sat quietly aside by Wu Dahu, he thought that by doing so he was able to impart some positive energy to his husband.

As the dinner was served on the table, Song Qinghan and Yuan Wenxuan looked at each other without words. They didn’t dare to complain about the bad flavor of the meals.

After finishing the meal with much difficulty, Song Qinghan and Wu Dahu tucked themselves into the quilt, at the moment Song Qinghan was about to say something, he was covered and hugged by Wu Dahu all of a sudden.

Song Qinghan felt much warmth in Wu Dahu’s hug, and then he said gently, “If you don’t want to meet him, I will refuse to open the door for him next time.”

Wu Dahu sneered suddenly, the smile on his face seemed to be with a sense of disdain.

“He is rich, and he gets much power now. He can go anywhere except the emperor’s palace as he wishes.”

Recalling the luxurious mansion with various delicate decorations, Song Qinghan kept his silence wisely.

After a while, he suggested again, “Then, let’s escape from this place before he finds it out.”

Wu Dahu shook his head and said slowly, “It’s useless to run away. If he really intends to trouble us, he is able to follow us no matter where we will go. Well, he gets nothing to do in his daily life.”

“Moreover, running away means that we will lose everything we have earned so hard. Everything won’t be so smooth if we choose to restart our business, the tournament and your business. It won’t be kind easy to do so.”

Of course Song Qinghan knew the fact, he just wanted to cheer his husband up by saying so. Sighing, he mumbled, “Then, what should we do?”

Wu Dahu patted Song Qinghan on his back, consoling, “Don’t worry about that. Let’s see what his intention is first. I will try my best to be well-behaved.”

Well, if he couldn’t hold his emotion, probably he would give Zhai Su a punch on the face, sooner or later.

Seeing that Wu Dahu seemed to release a little bit, Song Qinghan nodded obediently. He was about to sleep, but when he saw that Wu Dahu lay on his back staring at the ceiling blankly without any sleepiness, his heart tightened and he smiled and talked about the trip about the Moshang Town.

As Wu Dahu heard the news about those ruffians who tried to rob Song Qinghan, he finally got his eyes off the ceiling and then turned to Song Qinghan while grabbing Song Qinghan’s hand tightly, he lowered his voice and said, “Please take me with you no matter where you go in the future. I have to protect you!”

Song Qinghan nodded slightly to Wu Dahu, the warmth in his heart swept away all the exhaustion from the trip, and then he continued to tell this experience to Wu Dahu. As he finally finished his story, he turned his head to Wu Dahu, only to find that Wu Dahu had already closed his eyes while his breathing pace became more even.

Looking at Wu Dahu’s face which was full of melancholy and fatigue, Song Qinghan reached out to pat Wu Dahu on the arm, saying gently in a way he petted Little Shitou to sleep, “You’ve got us, no one is going to abandon you anymore, my love, good night!”