156

Probably the farmer realized that he might be just gloating over those villagers’ misfortune which was not that proper. So he cleared his throat, and took a glance at the ingot on the table. Seeing that Luo Haiyun waving his hands indifferently, he grabbed over the ingot happily, and then walked outward while taking a bit on that ingot.

Seeing that Song Qinghan was deep in thought, Luo Haiyun thought that Song Qinghan did put the farmer’s words in his mind seriously, so he rushed to advise, “It makes more sense to say that it is a human disaster. After all, according to his statement, the people in the Qingyin Village have offended many villagers around them. Yet I am not going to believe him with every single word about the so-called celestial beings thing. If there is really some mighty gods out there, and they can punish any ordinary people if they’re happy,”

“If that is the case, so should we say that the small pox from the Moshang Town is also a ‘good-will punishment’? Well, you must be a God of Mercy to succeed rescuing them, right?”

Noticing that he was the only one at present laughing, Luo Haiyun suddenly felt a bit embarrassed there, he coughed dryly and when he was about to say something to ease the atmosphere, Song Qinghan uttered, “We did not hear any chickens cluck after we got off the carriage, right?”

Yuan Wenxuan thought about it and nodded decisively, “Master, you’re right.”

Song Qinghan nodded, and he seemingly had figured out something himself. He turned his head and looked at Yuan Wenxuan who got a serious expression on face either, and calmly said, “I might have figured out the reason, I’m going to verify the speculation later. Are you coming with me, or you go with Doctor Luo to make your own investigation, and to see if you can find the answer yourself?”

“I will go with you!” Yuan Wenxuan almost blurted out but he still swallowed them himself at the second thought realizing that it was his ‘main duty’ today, so he answered decisively, “I will go check with Doctor Luo!”

Luo Haiyun’s smile was a little stiff. In fact, he really wanted to verify the ‘speculation’ with Song Qinghan, but not to find an unknown answer bitterly.

However, Song Qinghan completely ignored Luo Haiyun’s expression and said in a low voice, “Alright, I hope you won’t let me down, and hopefully you can at least give me a general answer before nightfall. Otherwise I will tell the residents about the treatment directly.”

Yuan Wenxuan nodded seriously with determination in his eyes.

After parting with Yuan Wenxuan and Luo Haiyun, Song Qinghan walked directly to the end of the village where Old Chen lived.

In fact, Old Chen wasn’t that old at all. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have conceived of an idea to raise chicken while giving up his fields.

However, his current look was just pale and weak. If Song Qinghan didn’t know that he was only a few years older than him in advance, he would have thought that the man was right now at his sixties or seventies.

When the man noticed the appearance of Song Qinghan, he was utterly stunned while struggling to get up and asked in despair, “Doctor, have you found out the treatment yet?”

Song Qinghan waved his hand, motioning the man not to move, and then he glanced around, frowning and asking, “The chicken you raised, where are they now?”

Seemingly, the words provoked the deepest sorrow in Old Chen’s mind. He sighed in resignation heavily, and then answered slowly and weakly, “Most of them died before I got ill. If not, I should have sold them all out now for getting the best doctor.”

Song Qinghan had long expected such a result, so he asked directly, “So the rest of the residents are the same situation with you, right? The chickens died, and then people got ill?”