132

Wu Dahu stepped forward, took out the certificate provided by the provincial capital government and cupped his hands together to explain his intentions to the guards.

The guards were quite straightforward and rather easy-going, they didn’t trouble Wu Dahu and let them pass easily.

Wang Chaoyuan also walked in cheekily. Though Wu Dahu felt a bit strange, he did not say anything.

There was a greeter coming over to introduce to them about the overall arrangement of this huge residence. And in addition, the greeter asked them to pick a satisfied room themselves.

Though everything seemed to go smooth which was beyond expectation, Wu Dahu did not think about it further, he just asked directly, “We can select a room? Are we the first batch who arrive here?”

The greeter smiled and nodded, “Yes, you can pick one as you wish, sir!”

Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan looked at each other in the eyes. It seemed that Song Qinghan was about to say something, but he swallowed the words in his throat as he noticed that Wu Dahu was all eagerness to make a choice, and then he whispered, “You pick one, one with a wider space is preferred.”

They had to stay here for at least a month. After all, the result of the competition wouldn’t be announced at the moment the game was over. Even if the ranking result was announced in advance, the specific distribution would not be decided in a short time, so in order to make life easier, they must choose a room with a larger space.

Obviously, Wu Dahu shared the same idea with Song Qinghan, so he pointed at the room which possessed the largest area on the map, and then said with a low voice, “We will pick here, it is quite nice anyway. It seems that it also gets rockeries and ponds in its little yard, oh here is a garden at his back side. It gets a better view I think!”

The greeter smiled delightfully, and then quickly put away the map in his hands, bowing and saying, “This way, please.”

Song Qinghan caught the flashing expression on that greeter’s smile. The smile of the greeter somehow came with a bit sense of ‘gloating over their misfortune’, thought Song Qinghan.

Then he turned his head to look at Wang Chaoyuan, he found the man’s face was loaded the same expression to the greeter. Song Qinghan’s intuition was telling me right now: Something might be arranged again with evilness?

Yet, since he saw that Wu Dahu was showing all his energy as his spirits were flourishing, he decided not to remind. After all, this was the state capital, not somewhere remote. No serious crime with evil intentions was allowed here, and even if some cases happened, no one dared to do something putting the others in danger.

When they walked to the room, the greeter didn’t push open the door directly, but knocked on the door and shouted, “Another candidate- Wu Dahu is here, ring defender Chang Haiying, please come out and accept the challenge.”

Wu Dahu was stunned, and then his eyebrows sank tightly, “Didn’t you say that we’re the first batch who arrive here? Since you got someone here in this room, why don’t you get us informed in advance?”

The greeter explained calmly, “This is one of the customs before the final tournament. If you want anything, you should fight for it with your bare fist. Otherwise, are you going to give up the chance to live in here if this residence is full?”

His words sounded quite reasonable, but it couldn’t change the fact that Wu Dahu were cheated.

A brawny man came out from the yard with a pair of bulging eyes, blowing his top. It seemed that he was the so-called ‘Ring Defender’ the greeter mentioned- Chang Haiying!