Chp.7 She Knew Too Much

After Allison and Jackson had a conversation because Jackson was "worried" about her we finally went inside.
"What was that about?" I asked my twin quietly. She shined the flashlight towards me and it illuminated the confusion on her face.
"What?"
"I'm worried about you, be careful," I answered mocking Jackson as we walked around the school while we searched for Scott and Stiles.
"He's just concerned. He's trying to be nice," She explained, I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.
"First of all Jackson isn't "nice" he treats his girlfriend and everyone else like shit. Second of all that isn't concern he's hitting on you mostly likely to piss off Scott because they have a whole rivalry," I explained. My sister looked flabbergasted.
"Mar, I know you wanna protect me. But not everyone had ill intentions."
"Jackson does,"I responded simply as we continued walking trying to find the boys we kept hearing crashes and glass shattering and my worry grew by the minute. Finally while searching the pool area Allison got a call from Stiles.
"Stiles?"
"No it's me where are you?" I heard Scott from the other side of the phone.
"At the school with Amara searching for you, why weren't you at your place?"
"Where are you right now?"
"On the first floor?"
"Where? Where are you exactly?"
"At the swimming pools?" I could hear Allison's confusion in her voice and my worry grew at the fear in Scott's voice. Did he think Allison was in danger? Did he think we were in danger?
"Meet us in the Lobby now." He demanded.
"Okay, Okay were coming." Allison said hanging up the phone we ran to the lobby scared by the urgency in Scott's voice.
"Why did you come? What are you guys doing here?" Scott asked frantically. Was he getting amnesia all of a sudden.
"Cause you asked us too," I told him pulling out my phone and Allison did the same. That caused a lot more confusion and fear to appear on his face.
"Why do I get the feeling you didn't send these messages?" Allie questioned fear creeping in her voice. I took her hand comfortingly as my concern for her grew.
Because I didn't," Scott confirmed. "Did you guys drive here?" Stiles asked us I shook my head.
"No Jackson did."
"Jackson's here?"
"Yeah and Lydia, Who sent this?" Allie questioned fearfully. My phone rang and I answered.
"Where are you?" I asked Lydia from over the phone. Just then the doors opened and Lydia and Jackson walked in. Jackson still looked like his asshole of a self, But Lydia headed to me immediately relief, fear and anger all flashing across her face.
Are you okay?" She asked looking at me and Allison, I had wrapped my arm around her waist giving her a half hug.
"Of course their okay, why wouldn't they be?" Jackson sighed annoyance clear in his tone and I glared at him.
"Yeah, Are you?" I asked her quietly choosing to ignore Jackson and she nodded giving me a warm smile so I believed her.
"Can we please go now?" Lydia asked.
"Yeah," Allison responded. Just as we were about to leave we heard a noise from upstairs. Scott looked between Stiles and Allison than grabbed Allison's hand and yelled run. I grabbed Lydia's hand and followed Allison. I heard something loud behind us but didn't dare look back as I continued running. We ran into one of the classrooms and everyone started locking and barricading the door. I glanced at the wall of windows than at Stiles who had noticed the windows too.
"Do they not see," I whispered to Stiles gesturing to the walls. He had been trying to get their attention this entire time. He shrugged and once everyone was done and had caught their breathe he spoke annoyed.
"Great plan everyone. Great. Now what are we gonna do about the 20foot wall of windows," He yelled sarcastically. If I wasn't terrified I would've laughed at their faces as the realization hit them.
"Can someone please tell me what's going on here?" Allison asked fearfully turning to Scott. "Because I am freaking out and I would like to know why." Scott looked like he didn't know what to say. I walked over to Lydia was panting and looked like she was gonna cry and Jackson wasn't paying any attention to his girlfriend. "Scott?" Allison pleaded. Scott walked over to Stiles and I could tell everyone was freaking out.
"Somebody killed the janitor," Stiles spoke up.
"What?" Allison asked.
"You couldn't have led with that?" I asked alarmed.
"Yeah, the janitors dead," Stiles continued not acknowledging my questions.
"What is he talking about? Is this joke?" Allison asked directing her questions at Scott.
Who killed him?" Jackson spoke up.
"No, no this was supposed to be over," Lydia muttered, she met my eyes horrified and scared, that was all I can see was a normally happy and confident girl, terrified.
"The mountain Lion killed-" Lydia tried to continue being cut-off by Jackass.
"No don't you get it there was no mountain lion" Jackson snapped at her and she backed away from him like he was scarier than the killer we were running from and it hit me that he was, she never seemed be comfortable or feel safe around Jackson. I promised myself that no matter what I wasn't going to let anyone like Jackson hurt her again without trying to help her. I would protect my best friend always and I didn't even know why I felt such a strong need to help her but I did. I owed it to her for being my first friend for the instant connection I felt with her, the instant trust that I wasn't used to. I would always be there for her.
"Who was it?" Allie asked raising her voice.
"What does he want?" I added.
"What's happening?" Allison questioned in a whisper looking over at Scott, "Scott!"
"I don't know," Scott responded, "I just- if we go out there he's gonna kill us."
"What? He's gonna kill us?" Lydia asked.
"Who? Who is it?" Allison demanded looking at Stiles who had no idea what to say.
"Allie," I started walking over to my sister. I could see just how terrified she was and I hugged her. She started crying. "What's going on?" She asked to no one in particular. Scott finally turned around, "It's Derek. It's Derek Hale."