Chp. 8 The Aftermath

    That Night when I got home our parents hugged us than ushered us both to go to sleep, I walked to my aunts room and knocked on the door

"Aunt Kate? Are you up?" I asked I heard some shuffling then the door unlocked and my aunt let me into the room, I sat down on the bed and sighed.
"What do you need, Kiddo?" Kate asked sitting beside me.
"The truth," I responded, quietly. She looked at me with confusion and I collected my thoughts.

   "I figured out that werewolves are real, that in the school we were attacked by one and someone I know, knew about this and lied. That you, Dad, Mom, you all know about whatever is going on and we came here for that reason. That you and my dad fought about mine and Allison's knowledge and that the only way I can protect my sister from what happened tonight is if I know the truth," I explained in a rushed ramble. My Aunt just started at me a moment and that when I realized I was crying and that my voice was coming out quick and I was breathing heavily.
"You figured this all out on your own?" She questioned and I saw an impressed look on her face. I started at her in shock, "That's what you got from that you didn't seemed to think, "Hey my niece is freaking out and she wants an explanation why don't I just give it to her!"" I exclaimed in exasperation. My Aunt chuckled, "I'll explain everything, I promise. But not tonight you look like hell" I nodded in response and she pulled me onto her shoulder.
"We'll talk soon, can you act like nothing happened?" She asked me.
"Yeah, yeah. I can do that," Was all I said in response. I had no idea how I could go to school and act like my entire life didn't change completely in the span of few hours. But I would have to try.
"Good, Goodnight, Amara." I got up and walked to my room in a daze when I laid down on my bed all the stress and fear from the day dawned on me and all I could do was cry in the darkness of my room alone.
We didn't have school the next day since everything that happened so I spent the entire day in my bed.
"Amara get up," Allison demanded she was standing in front of me.
"No," I muttered. She rolled her eyes and chuckled.
"Come on, Mar. We have school and if I'm not in bed you can't be in bed," She reasoned.
"Fineeee." I got up and she gave me a small smile and left the room.
A couple minutes later and our dad had pulled up to the school. He had insisted on driving us to school since it wasn't safe. Boy did I know. Kate came with and before we left the house she promised me we would talk about it all After School. Allison and I tried to open the doors but they were locked, Allison and I shared a look and she sighed.
"Dad if you insist on driving us to school, you have to at least let us out of the car," Allison tried convincing him. My dad looked around for a minute and I followed his gaze to the broken window upstairs, he turned to my aunt.
"Kate, what's your opinion on Home Schooling?" He asked her. I sighed in annoyance and leaned against the cars seat my hand still on the handle.
"Hmmm, well you know I'm kind of a learning by doing kinda girl," She responded with a smile.
"What's your opinion on overprotective dads?" I asked and Allison added on to my question, "Who keep ruining their daughters lives." She looked at us then at my dad then back at us with a mischievous grin she leaned over and unlocked the doors smiling at my dad.
"Thank you," Allison and I said in unison.
"Your welcome," Kate responded and we left the car walking into the building together.
Allison, Lydia and I left our History class together, Allison and I on either side of Lydia.
"It's weird, Everybody is talking about what happened the other night. And nobody knows it's us," Allison stated as we walked to our next class.
"Thank you for the protection of minors," Lydia said and I nodded in agreement.
"Do you guys think I made the wrong decision?" Allie asked and I knew immediately she was talking about Scott. Lydia did not get the memo.
"About that jacket with that dress? Absolutely," Lydia answered and Allison and I both shook our heads and laughed. "You know what I mean," Allison told her.
"Scott locked us in a classroom an left us for dead, he's luck we're not pressing charges or making him pay for our therapy bill," Lydia answered her. And I couldn't help but agree part of me thought he was doing it for the right reasons and the other part hated him for leaving us there with no explanation.
"She's got a point," I agreed, "I mean a little harsher than I would put it but he left us scared and won't even explain why."
"I guess you guys are right," Allison said, "I just, I still care about him." We entered the classroom. Scott entered the classroom and Allison and I both glanced at him, Allison immediately looked away but I couldn't the image of him as a wolf appeared in my mind and I felt stuck In that nightmare again. I looked away focusing on preparing for the test. Scott walked up to Allison who was in front of me and I pretended he wasn't there.
"Allison," He started but our teacher cut him off.
"Mr. McCall, please take a seat," Mr. Harris said, I hated Mr. Harris but I was never more glad for him being an ass than I was right now. He walked past and took a seat in front of Stiles who looked extremely nervous. I waved at Stiles hoping that he wasn't a werewolf too and I'd have some friends outside of my twin and Lydia. He waved back and I smiled a little turning around to listen to Mr. Harris. He started the timer and I looked at my test putting my name on the test I started answering questions trying to ignore how stressed I felt. In the middle of the test Scott got up and left the room, Allison and Stiles both matched the alarm on my face, Stiles got up and ran after him and I put my head in my hands and ignored the urge to run after them.