🎀 3 🎀

mark truly was a loving brother, there was no doubt about this.

he was trying his best to take care of his sister when he knew she didn't have a fatherly figure – none of them had heard anything about their dad after the divorce.

mark knew how much it was hard for their mother, and so, he tried helping her as much as he could by picking maria up from school, or simply babysitting her at nights, when jane wasn't there.

he had always been kind and loving with her, but he couldn't do it anymore. not when maria wouldn't shut up about her dolls.

"mark, do you think he'll look better with the grey or the yellow shirt?" maria asked, tugging on mark's sleeve while the boy was texting his friends.

"maria, please, i don't care about your doll." mark rolled his eyes.

"but i need your help. i want haechan to look beautiful." she pouted, looking at her only male doll with sad eyes.

mark sighed, putting his phone aside to give his sister some attention.

"what did you ask me?" he raised a brow.

"what shirt i should put on him." maria replied nonchalantly.

"i think the yellow one will fit better." mark pointed at the miniature yellow t-shirt. "it will make a nice contrast with his tanned skin."

"okie!" maria happily exclaimed. "and do you think i can make butterfly wear pink?" she continued, showing mark her newest doll who had beautiful butterfly wings.

"pink it is..." mark nodded before picking his phone back up and replying to his messages.

mark couldn't understand the admiration his little sister had for dolls, let alone for her male doll. he didn't even remember her liking male dolls in the first place.

in his mind, the sole thought of a male doll was strange. for him, dolls were supposed to be pretty girls, wearing colourful make up, having well-combed hair, and gorgeous body proportions to fit in the most beautiful dresses. he couldn't understand the purpose of a male doll.

but it seemed like maria didn't have the same opinion as she worshiped haechan like no other doll.

mark had noticed how his sister would get bored of a doll.

usually, after receiving a doll, maria would play with it for two weeks before getting bored of it and asking for a new one, or simply focusing on an old doll that she had forgotten about.

but it wasn't the same for her male doll.

in fact, she had been given this doll three weeks ago, and she hadn't stopped playing with him or talking about it.

haechan this... haechan that...

mark couldn't bear it anymore.

it felt like haechan had become a member of their family.

maria kept bringing him everywhere, and she had even arranged him a seat next to her around the dining table.

haechan would always be there, eating with them, watching tv with them, doing basically everything with them.

he was like a pet, but a lifeless pet that didn't have needs. mark found it weird.

and what was even weirder was that this was the only male doll his sister seemed to like. and also, that she seemed to like it even more than any of her female dolls.