🎀 14 🎀

"mom! mom!" the little girl bounced up and down as she tugged on her mother's sleeve. "mom!"

"yes maria?" the adult looked at her daughter.

"look at what sungchan gifted me." maria said, showing a beautiful barbie doll wrapped in plastic paper.

"woah, what a beautiful doll." jane smiled brightly. "have you said 'thank you' to sungchan and jaesun for this present."

"not yet!" the little girl gasped. "thank you so much jaesun." she said quickly, looking at the man that was previously talking with her mother.

"you're welcome, maria. i hope you'll like it." jaesun smiled brightly.

"i love it already!"

the young girl hopped towards the bedrooms, where mark and sungchan were surely talking.

"tell your brother and sungchan we'll be eating in 10 minutes, sweetie!" jane exclaimed.

"sure, mom!"

maria pushed her bedroom door open, revealing mark and sungchan both sitting on the floor with their backs leaning against the bed. they weren't talking, but typing on their phones in silence.

"thank you sungchan for the doll!" maria told, approaching the younger teenager.

"welcome, maria." the boy replied with a sincere smile.

"can you open the box for me, please?" maria asked with puppy eyes.

"of course, give it to me."

sungchan skilfully took the plastic box and removed the security tape that kept it closed. he carefully pulled out the content of the box, handing maria the beautiful doll wearing a long pink dress and curly blonde hair.

"here." he said.

"thank you so much!" maria giggled happily before combing the doll's hair with her hand. "i'll name her sungie, because you're the one who gave her to me."

"okay, that's a good name." sungchan nodded.

"that's not really a girl's name..." mark shrugged, his eyes glancing at the tanned doll resting on the floor, a few centimetres behind his little sister.

"you're mean, mark!" maria whined. "i prefer sungchan. i want sungchan as my brother instead of you."

mark rolled his eyes as sungchan's cheeks became rosy. "yeah, i know." mark told, but his sister was already playing with her doll, completely ignoring the two other boys inside the room.

mark silently looked at his phone again, answering to the dozens of messages that had been sent on their groupchat while he was chatting with his sister and sungchan.

"my dad and i had a talk a few days ago." sungchan broke the silence, speaking loud enough for mark to hear, and for maria to keep playing without getting disturbed.

"yeah?" mark lifted his head, not seeing the point of this affirmation.

"your mom is probably going to voice it out tonight during dinner. i mean... that's what they decided to do. but... since the news can be... a bit shocking i may say, i thought i could tell you beforehand."sungchan said hesitantly.

"uh, sure." mark nodded, getting a bit closer to sungchan. "tell me."

"well... you know... next week starts the holiday." sungchan raised a brow.