🎀 23 🎀

donghyuck winced as mark and him entered side by side in the club.

the doll boy felt attacked at the same time by the loud music, the flashy lights and the horrible smell of sweat, drugs and alcohol lingering in the air.

"stay close to me, i don't want to lose you!" mark exclaimed so that donghyuck could hear him despite the loud music.

donghyuck nodded, sliding one of his hands down mark's arms to intertwine his fingers with mark's.

the older boy looked back at him before glancing down at their hands, the sight warming his heart.

"that way you won't lose me!" donghyuck justified his action, as if he had done something wrong, or at least not usual – actually, he was far from imagining that mark had wanted to intertwine their hands when they entered the club, but he hadn't done so because he was too scared of donghyuck's possible rejection.

mark pulled donghyuck across the bar, turning around every now and then to make sure the boy wasn't uncomfortable there, and that no one was trying approaching him.

eventually, they passed by the bar where they found yuta admiring the bartender.

"yuta!" mark exclaimed.

"oh, mark! donghyuck!" yuta exclaimed, wrapping both boys in a quick hug. "i'm glad you guys came! and woah, you look hot donghyuck!"

"thanks..." donghyuck smiled, doing a swirl to show his outfit.

mark had lent him a pair of ripped jeans that he had paired with simple white sneakers and one of mark's oversized shirts that he had tied in a knot above his bellybutton.

mark looked around while donghyuck showed his outfit to make sure no one was checking out what was his – well, technically, donghyuck wasn't his, but mark was just trying to protect him.

"gorgeous, donghyuck!" yuta whistled while passing a hand through his mid-long red hair.

"hey!" mark slapped yuta's arm.

"chill, i'm not stealing him. i'm loyal to sicheng." yuta rolled his eyes before giving a glance to the bartender. "anyway, the others are waiting for you. mark, go buy some drinks for donghyuck and you. i'll bring donghyuck to the boys."

"i can bring him- "

"go and buy some drinks, mark." yuta pushed him. "come with me, hyuck?"

"sure." the doll nodded with a smile.

mark stared at him. "stay safe, okay? i'll be back right away."

mark looked worriedly as donghyuck got dragged away from him by yuta.

not that he didn't trust yuta, but he knew that inside the club, yuta was a totally different person.

mark shrugged it off as he approached the bar.

"what can i get for you?" yuta's crush appeared in front of him.

"huh... a moscow mule and an aperol spritz." mark said.

"coming right up!"

mark looked at sicheng's back while the boy prepared the two cocktails ordered by mark.

he didn't quite understand how yuta had ended up being this obsessed by sicheng when they had never exchanged other words than orders at the bar.

sicheng was in their school, but yuta had never tried approaching him. he was only watching him from afar, and imagining himself and sicheng's perfect love story while nothing was happening.