🎀 18 🎀

mark was walking back from ten's house with a mind full of thoughts.

him and his group of friends had been hanging out together, chilling at ten's house while watching tv, playing games and just talking to enjoy their holidays.

however, mark's mind seemed more clouded with troubles than all of his other friends reunited.

mark kept thinking about donghyuck.

it was as if the doll boy was haunting his days and nights, making it impossible for mark to do anything without the angelic face of his crush popping there, and obviously preventing him to concentrate properly.

mark couldn't remember how it all had started.

one day, he had discovered this boy, applying makeup in his mother's bathroom, and the next thing he knew, he had met the boy that would mess him life completely.

the second he had laid his eyes on him, mark was far from imagining that this curious being would become his main priority.

first of all, mark did not believe in magic, or supernatural being, or anything not normal.

so, at first, when he had met donghyuck, he had been wondering if he was really sane. maybe, the stress from school had made him go crazy, and he was hallucinating. maybe donghyuck wasn't even real, and he existed just inside mark's mind. maybe mark had made all of this up because he felt too lonely in his mind...

as stupid as all those theories sounded, mark was genuinely doubting at the beginning...

like, how would it be possible for him to find one day someone corresponding to him perfectly? how could he have found a beautiful boy, that made his heartbeat accelerate with every and any of his movements? this was impossible... perfection was impossible... so, this is what made mark think that donghyuck was just a character of his mind.

but then, donghyuck came to the club, and jaehyun saw him... and now, sungchan saw him too, and his mother, and his sister, and jaesun... this necessarily meant that donghyuck was real, and not only a perfect character created by mark's loneliness.

after assuring himself that donghyuck was indeed real, mark was partly reassured.

on the one hand, this meant he wasn't crazy, and that he really had found a perfect person that he had fallen for.

but on the other hand, mark still had problems understanding the doll part.

donghyuck was a human, but he was most of the time a doll, a simple piece of plastic representing the beauty ideals of a child.

how was that even possible?

mark had already read books or seen films... he had seen vampires there, he had seen werewolves too, and hybrids, mermaids, demigods, wizards... he had seen lots of weird supernatural things – that he didn't believe in obviously. but donghyuck? a doll, transforming into a human? he had no idea where this came from and what it could be. and it didn't seem like donghyuck knew way more about this, which was even more confusing.

anyway, what was confusing mark even more at that point were his feelings.

how had they appeared?

mark wasn't particularly attracted to makes in the first place. he had started realsing he could maybe find boys attractive after ten and johnny announced they got together. but he had never been attracted to a boy before meeting donghyuck.

that is why at first, mark thought he wasn't even attracted to donghyuck, because the feeling was completely foreign to him.

his heart had never beat that fast when a girl had asked for his number, or told him she was interested. heck, he had never felt halfway like donghyuck makes him feel when he simply looks at him with another person. not even when he had his first kiss with a girl he liked a few years ago.