🎀 6 🎀

"how are you doing little canadian?" yuta asked, passing his arm around mark's shoulders and making the younger roll his eyes.

"i told you not to call me that." mark sighed. "but i'm good."

"yeah, we heard from jungwoo that you slept the whole morning." yuta laughed.

mark's brows furrowed as he turned around to face jungwoo.

"how did you know that i didn't wake up for class this morning?" he asked, rather confused.

"lucas was looking for you, so he came to me, and i told him you probably hadn't woken up." jungwoo replied with flush cheeks as he recalled his and his crush's short conversation.

"jungwoo was as red as a tomato, and i even thought he was about to faint. i could literally hear his heart beating inside his chest." yuta continued laughing as jungwoo became even redder.

"stop exposing me!" the shy boy slapped yuta's shoulder.

"never." yuta grinned and dashed away as jungwoo started running after him.

mark stared at their figures disappearing at the end of the corridor, wondering why his friends were such dorky people.

"they have been bickering for hours..."

mark turned around, smiling as he saw ten wrapped between johnny's muscular arms.

"they always are." mark shrugged.

"i mean, they're both in love with people who know nothing about their feelings, it's pretty hard to deal with." johnny explained, dropping a kiss on top of ten's head.

"yeah, but once you find the man for you, everything changes for the better." ten completed as he snuggled into johnny's embrace.

"aw... i love you babe..." johnny declared, leaning forward to kiss his other half.

mark looked away as he understood it was about to go wild. ten and johnny tended to be a bit too extreme, even at school, where everyone could see them. and mark had witnessed it enough already to know it was the best moment to look away.

the teenager sighed as he walked towards his next classroom, meeting doyoung leaning against the wall on the way there.

"of course, i love you, what are you saying?!" doyoung exclaimed with a huff. "no, you're misunderstanding things taeil!"

mark didn't even try starting a conversation with his older friend when he realised that the boy was on the phone, with none other than his boyfriend, and the two of them seemed to be in an argument or something like that, so it was not the best time to interfere.

mark had seen how taeil could be easily jealous, and doyoung had been paired with a boy for his maths project, and this was surely why taeil was getting mad.

mark continued on his way, checking his watch to make sure he wasn't late to class.

he turned left at the end of the corridor to get to his room, but stopped on his tracks when he noticed taeyong pinning a girl on the wall as they kissed with no tomorrow, their hands all over each other.

"dammit, it's not spring! why has everyone found someone?!" mark exclaimed, diverting his eyes from the obscene scene.

"yeah, i wonder too."

mark was startled by this sudden interjection, but he looked at his side, where jaehyun was, looking with pained eyes at the scene unfolding in front of them.

"i'm sorry..." mark apologized even though he had nothing to do with taeyong's sexuality. he was sad for jaehyun, knowing how much he liked taeyong.

"it's okay mark. i'm used to it now." jaehyun sighed, finally diverting his eyes to look at mark. "since neither of us have anyone, how about we go to a club tonight?" jaehyun proposed, passing a hand through his hair.

"yeah, i'm up for that." mark nodded. "i feel like i'm the only lonely one."

"you're not alone, mark. i am lonely too." jaehyun chuckled. "lonely and heartbroken..."

"i wonder if we're ever going to find someone." mark sighed.

"well, we could have a pleasant surprise tonight, who knows..."

🎀

"haechan!!"

mark followed his sister to her bedroom as soon as he heard her screaming this name.

a day before, he wouldn't have care about this, and he would surely have gone to his own room to work of watch videos on his phone. but after the events of the day, mark was intrigued by the human doll.

"poor doll, i had forgotten to bring you with me..." maria said, hugging the plastic doll as if it was a human with feelings – when she obviously didn't know that he really was. "i'm sorry... i promise i won't forget you next time..." she continued her hugging session for a few minutes, expressing her sorrow for forgetting to bring the doll with her to her sleepover.

mark stayed at the door, leaning against the doorframe as he watched carefully the tanned doll being taken care of by his little sister.

"mark?"

the teenager was taken out of his trance by maria's voice.

"yeah?" he asked, looking at her.

"what did you do to haechan?"

a lump suddenly formed into mark's throat as his heartbeat quickened in his chest.

had she realised something?

why was she suddenly questioning mark?

"n-nothing, why?" he asked nervously.

"he's not wearing his shorts and yellow shirt." maria pointed out.

"uh?"

mark looked at the doll that his sister was holding, realising that haechan wasn't dressed in his shorts and tshirt, but in fact, that he was wearing mark's sweater and joggings, that had sized down with his body when he had transformed back into a doll.

and speaking of which, this meant that donghyuck's yellow shirt and his high-waisted shorts were still messily thrown on his bed.

"yeah, huh..." mark blinked, trying to find a valid excuse.

"i'm waiting for an answer, mark." maria raised a brow.

"well... i thought he might be cold wearing only shorts and a shirt when it's almost winter, so i put more comfy clothes on him..." mark explained, trying to sound as honest as possible – even though he wasn't actually lying, because this was what had happened.

"oh, you're right!" maria exclaimed, picking up a few more dolls that were wearing summer clothes. "i'm going to change them all so that they don't catch a cold!"

"yeah..." mark rubbed his nape nervously.

"and after, maybe i can also play the hair salon with them, that would be so cool!"

mark sighed, walking away from his sister's room.

he had almost gotten busted.

the teenager closed the door of his room behind his back, walking to his bed where the yellow shirt and the shorts were still sitting.

he grabbed the shirt, examining it.

"am i really covering him...?" he asked with a chuckle, remembering how the doll seemed desperate to have its secret not being discovered. "i guess i am..." he added with a smile.