•eighty-two•

BREAKING: Verstappen handed one race ban following British GP crash

Mercedes Team Principal Toto Wolff announced moments after the chequered flag that they would be appealing what they felt was a weak penalty given for Max Verstappen in the aftermath of the British GP.

He highlighted that this was the second crash that Max Verstappen had been found to be responsible for this season, the other being that with McLaren's Pierre Gasly in Imola. It is emerging that McLaren CEO Zak Brown had also backed the appeal against Red Bull's driver.

Whilst the race ban will be welcomed by the Silver Arrows, Christian Horner has made it very clear that he feels that if it were any other driver involved in the incident it would have been resolved differently. When speaking with the media the Red Bull Team Principal he had this to say: "It obvious isn't it? She's the protégée of Lewis Hamilton, and the first female driver, so the decision was never going to go our way. This is a dangerous precedent to set as in my eyes it was nothing more than a racing incident."

One person who was not present in the media following the shocking events was McLaren's Pierre Gasly who is currently in a romantic relationship with Scarlet Crusoe. He was pictured entering Northampton General Hospital where Crusoe was rushed to, alongside her brother Milo Crusoe and mentor Lewis Hamilton.

Following the events of Sunday's race, the Brackley based team have remained tight lipped and we are still awaiting further information regarding the status of their drivers' injuries. It was reported that whilst she was in a stable condition the rookie driver did undergo surgery.

We go into the Summer Break, and we expect the chatter from this story to continue over the coming weeks.

To follow the story make sure you are following signed up to receive our notifications at @skysportsf1