•onehundred-fortythree•

SCARLET

"Are we really trusting Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-Dum to have thought this through?" Beau laughed after reading the email from Max. She looked at me with a deadpan look and even I had to agree with her suspicions.

The first time I had properly met Daniel, he had gotten me lost in the Paddock Hospitality Centre when we were meant to be on our way to a press conference. He told me that it was all part of his plan to get to know me better, or to keep me captive so that I couldn't win that weekend.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess we should play the game to find out." I pointed out as I looked over the riddle again. "And if all fails, I have Max on the Find my Friend app."

When I suggested that they may like to plan our next date I was expecting something chaotic and dangerous where they could team up to take us down, and after the hints they had been dropping all weekend, I was convinced it was paintball.

Our night of romance has begun,

It' time now to have some fun

So, go to the place

That reflects your face

And there you'll find clue number one

I pursed my lips in thought, but my bubble was burst quickly. " A mirror?" Beau pointed out excited in solving the first clue. "It has to be your one, right? In your room?"

Nodding we both ran to my room, and there it was. A gold envelope stuck to my mirror and as we got closer, we saw that two small Tiffany Blue bags sat on my vanity. I gasped and turned to Beau, "There is a note on top that says to open first?"

The bags were identical except for a small wooden tag attached to the pearly white handle on the bag. I lifted them both and found the one that had the 'S' etched into the surface. Beau picked up the other and we untied the bow that kept them sealed. Inside was a rectangular box with the same pearly white ribbon tied around it. I pulled at the end and the ribbon fell away, as I opened the box I felt a bundle of butterflies zooming around my tummy.

"Wow, this is so beautiful." Beau smiled as she opened her box and turned to show me the necklace inside. The classic Return to Tiffany heart pendant but with a pink enamel heart charm added to the chain. "I told Daniel ages ago that I had loved this since I first saw it." She chimed.

I lifted the lid to my box and a squeal left my throat. Inside was the same necklace but with a classic Tiffany Blue enamel heart. Before revealing it to Beau I took my phone out of my pocket and took a snap of the gift to upload to Instagram. I then flipped it to the front camera to take a short video of us discovering the clue and gifts. "I think we should film our adventure, and then we can compile it to give to Max and Daniel?" I suggested to which Beau immediately agreed to.

We filmed a short video and then I uploaded my photo to Instagram for Max to see. "So do you want to open clue number two?" I asked Beau and she nodded. She took the envelope from the mirror and peeled it open.

scarlet_crusoe added a new post to her story

tagged: maxverstappen