•onehundred-seventyeight•

A report was presented to the World Council in relation to the detailed analysis and clarification exercise that has been conducted in response to the events that took place at the 2022 FIA Formula 1 British Grand Prix

A report was presented to the World Council in relation to the detailed analysis and clarification exercise that has been conducted in response to the events that took place at the 2022 FIA Formula 1 British Grand Prix. The purpose of the detailed analysis and investigation exercise was to identify any lessons that can be learned from the events that took place and consider how best to preserve the competitive nature of the sport while ensuring the safety of both drivers and officials.

The outcome of the three month investigation concluded at the FIA WMC in Paris this Friday with a decision expected within the next few hours regarding Red Bull F1 Team's culpability in the planning and execution of conspiracy to interfere with Racing Results and Driver endangerment.

During the trial we heard from many senior figures of the Milton Keynes based team including Christian Horner, Helmut Marko and Adrien Newey. Also providing evidence was driver Max Verstappen who has arguably been at the centre of this scandal and former driver Daniel Ricciardo who chose to present on behalf of the interest of Mercedes. The Australian has also been vocal in his support for Mercedes driver, Scarlet Crusoe, who as a result of the crash was forced to vacate her seat for 2022.

Earlier in the month Daniel Riccardo famously announced via Instagram that he was behind leaking the now Text Messages to the press. The Australian spoke to us after the trial, "It was important that the truth came out. I understand wanting to win at any costs, but there is a line and my former team crossed that beyond imagine. They have a history of toxicity in the team but I never could have imagined that they would try and corrupt their own driver to do their dirty work."

Whilst speaking about his former employers, Ricciardo was quick to establish that he believed Max Verstappen was innocent in the matter and doing what he had to to keep his job.

Notably absent from the proceedings was Scarlet Crusoe who has been keeping a low profile in the most recent fall outs from the ever expanding scandal. Her boss and Mercedes Team Principal Toto Wolff had this to say after the final statements. "It's integral to the reputation of the sport that we receive a verdict in our favour. We were lucky to have been able to Lewis to come back into the car, but Scarlet should never have been crashed out. It should have been her celebrating this weekend. That is what they have taken from her."

Toto Wolff is referring to the World Drivers Championship that Lewis Hamilton lifted this weekend. It was widely suggested that Scarlet Crusoe would have been the first and only female driver to win the title. Both Wolff and Crusoe are confident that she will return next year.

BREAKING:

RED BULL F1 TEAM FOUND GUILTY OF BREAKING 151c OF THE SPORTING CODE

Speaking outside of the FIA HQ, President Jean Todt made this announcement:

'Based on the evidence provided throughout the investigation, and testimonies heard during the trial we have come to conclusion that the senior figures of Red Bull F1 acted without good faith or honour and their actions were found to be at fault for the crash that took out driver 12, Scarlet Crusoe.

As part of the investifation, the Formula 1 Sporting Advisory Committee was instructed to consider the Formula 1 Sporting Regulations and key stakeholders were interviewed and consulted, including the Teams and Drivers, the Race Direction team, and the FIA staff supporting the race management team. The report sets out the findings, conclusions and recommendations arising from the detailed analysis and clarification exercise."

BREAKING:

RED BULL F1 TEAM BANNED FROM COMPETING

Robert Reid, Deputy Present of the FIA announced on the steps of the FIA HQ

"There is no precedent for such an offence, but after due consideration and input from all involved we hereby announced that Red Bull F1 Team are to be excluded from the current 2022 World Championship and will banned from entering a car or drivers in the 2023 World Championship.

Senior Figures including Christian Horner and Helmut Marko are to be banned from the garage for the remainder of the season, however the investigation into their involvement is on going and no more can be released at this time.

Driver Max Verstappen on the request of Mercedes AMG F1 Team will face no further charges, this is the same for McLaren Driver Lando Norris who was charged with as an accessory to the charges.

Red Bull F1 will have the chance to appeal this decision but must do so by 15.11.22"