Part 10:- Married!

Saanvi still could not come up with a digestible excuse and they were already standing before her Father in his room

Bade Dadu and Dadi along with Andy and Sumi were sitting on chairs beside Suraj's bed.

"You should take care of yourself, Suraj! " Andy said shaking his head as he came to know that it was not the first time he skipped his meals.

"Absolutely! You need the energy to handle all those business meetings and if you will keep skipping your meals, how are you going to give your best? " Bade Dadu too added in a serious voice.

Suraj didn't know why they were all scolding him for his carelessness but he smiled at the care lacing through their voice.

"I will take care of myself from next time" He assured them smiling politely.

"That you have to otherwise when we will have family meet every Sunday we will make sure to gift a bag of lectures to you " Sumi grinned making him confused.

Family meet? Every Sunday? What they were even talking about? Why would they meet every Sunday? It was Suraj who fainted but it seemed like they were all not keeping well with their health.

Looking at his confused face, Mahir quickly spoke up, "Don't tell me even he doesn't know? "

"You guys! Suraj brother, let me brief you about everything" He added and  Saanvi facepalmed.

She nudged Rishi beside her to stop Mahir from doing anything such but Rishi raised his hands in surrender.

Saanvi kept on fidgeting with her fingers looking at both fathers conversing.

"Anyways, I am useless, you should not expect anything from me, right? " Rishi smirked at her which infuriated Saanvi to the core. She was trying hard not to punch his face.
Taking a deep breath to control her anger, she deliberately hit his foot with her 2-inches heel.

"Ahh! Mumma! " Rishi yelped in pain, jumping on his other feet.

"What happened Rishi? " Bela asked looking at him worried.

"Nothing Aunty, Actually I just happen to hit his leg with my heels...by mistake. Sorry, Rishi" Saanvi spoke in her most genuine voice. Rishi's jaw hung low looking at her lying so bluntly.

"Oh, it's okay Beta." Bela smiled at her and caressed Rishi's cheek. "It was a mistake Rishi, you will be fine after some time" Bela patted his shoulder.

Elders resumed their conversation and for the whole time, Rishi kept standing beside Bela, away from Saanvi. He learned a lesson to never try being savage on girls especially by copying their own words. The ailing foot will remind him of this for a long time.

"So, we are planning to get them married tomorrow" Mahir finished what he had to say.

Suraj looked at Saanvi but she kept her head hung down. She didn't know how he was going to react. She didn't want to disappoint him again. She didn't want to see the look of hurt in his eyes again so she kept her eyes down not meeting his questioning glance.