Part 11:- How will be married life?

"No! Not at all! I am not settling anything less than a chocolate house " Meera whined standing at the entrance

They reached home minutes before to find Meera standing at the entrance with Shaan and RJ as her bodyguard standing beside her.

"Get aside Meeru " Rishi asked and being the obedient sister she gladly went aside letting Bade Dadu, Badi Dadi, Sumi, Andy, Bela, and Mahir enter inside the house.

As soon as Rishi kept his foot on the entrance to go inside Meera again stood in front of him.

"Meera! " Rishi threatened him showing her, his big eyes.

"Bhaiyu " Meera made a puppy face which instantly melted him.

"Bhaiyu give me my gift so that I can let you inside. This is a ritual "

"Really? " He was unsure, considering the past behavior of his family he was very much sure that they were capable of inventing their own rituals as per their convenience.

"Mom? " He looked towards Bela to confirm if Meera was right.

"Give me my daughter then deal with your problems. Don't trouble my wife " Mahir said rolling his eyes at Rishi and gently pulling Suchi from  Rishi's arms who was glaring at Meera for fighting with her Dadda. Nobody can trouble Suchi's Dadda.

"What do you want? " Rishi asked huffing and puffing at Mahir.

"A chocolate house" Meera gave a dreamy look to him.

"No! You will spoil your teeth" Rishi shook his head.

"Bhaiyu, please! " She again made that puppy look.

"No! " Rishi was firm on his decision.

"Okay fine! Spend a week shopping with me " She huffed looking at Rishi.

"What? No! " Rishi was horrified with her demand. Shopping with Meera means disaster. Neither she would leave the store until she finds at least one good dress nor she will let the people leave the store who go with her.

"Huh! Bhaiyu don't irritate me quickly choose one " Meera whined.

"The latter one! " Rishi sighed defeated.

" My dear Bhaiyu. I love you so much" She threw her arms around him making him chuckle at her antics.

"Welcome to the family, Bhabhi! " Meera went to Saanvi and hugged her warmly. Saanvi who was silently watching everything till now was startled at the sudden hug but she soon hugged her back returning the warm gesture.

"You don't want anything? " Rishi asked  Shaan.

"Maybe books by H.G. Wells? " Shaan looked at him with shining eyes.

"Whatever you say" Rishi just shrugged at the innocent boy.

Soon Bela and Kuhu came with the required things for the "Griha Pravesh" As instructed by Sumi and Badi Dadi.

They welcomed the couple with Aarti. Showering flowers on them and warding off the evil. As they entered inside first thing Rishi did was to take back Suchi from Mahir giving him a no-cheating look.

After the Aarti, Bela asked Saanvi to gently kick the pot of rice with her right toe.
As the bride kicks the pot gently, the rice grains fall inside the house symbolizing the entry of good luck, wealth, and prosperity.

Bela then kept the copper plate containing Alta before her. Saanvi dipped her Right foot in the Plate and then left. She walked inside the house leaving her red foot imprints.

Suchi was delighted looking at the whole house decorated with fairy lights and flowers.
Her Mother was playing games, she could not help but squeal in happiness in Rishi's arms.

He chuckled looking at her mouth shaped as O and twinkling eyes.
She glanced at her handsome Dadda and grinned showing all her teeth making Rishi laugh uncontrollably.
"Cutie pie" Rishi kissed her cheeks making her melt like ice cream. She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and kept watching her beautiful Mumma performing some rituals.

"Rishi come here! " Sumi called Rishi for Ganesh pooja.

"Give Suchi to me" Mahir said extending his arms.

Rolling his eyes over his father's over-excitement, Rishi gave Suchi to Mahir and stood beside Saanvi before the Ganesh idol.
Dressed in a red saree with shimmery golden borders she indeed looked different from the first time he saw her. This time she had put on some beauty products which only enhanced her already Gorgeous look. She wore a gold earring with red stones embedded in it. Her hairline was adorned with vermillion. The diamond bead of Mangslsutra was shining on her sleek neck. She had put on minimalistic makeup but that red and white kumkum on her forehead made her look breathtaking.
People would call her slim but to Rishi, she appeared skinny as he saw her sharp collar bone popping out, her thin fingers, and the pale face he noticed now.

What is with this girl? Is she dieting? What is the need? I hope she is not skipping her meals in order to get that oh-so-perfect figure described in magazines, She is already so skinny. I need to take care of her eating habits. Looking at her I feel like I am extra fat.

"My Dear son you can gawk at your wife later " Mahir smirked at Rishi making him aware of the surrounding.
Rishi glared back at Mahir but he just shrugged giving teasing looks to him.

His cheeks and ears heated up suddenly, ignoring his family members he took the Aarthi thaal from Bela. Saanvi kept her palm on his right arm and together as Man and Wife they worshipped the Lord Ganesha.

*
"This is my room" Rishi entered inside his room followed by Saanvi.

As everyone was tired, they retired to their rooms.
Rishi was happy as he thought that he can play with Suchi now but Bade Dadu and Badi Dadi took Suchi with them.

Saanvi looked around the room. It was neat. She didn't expect it to be clean since it was a boy's room.

"This side is empty, you can use this" Rishi said pointing towards the empty side of the closet.

Saanvi nodded acknowledging his words.

"And I don't use this space much but if you like you can use it. In fact any space you like here you can tell me, I will empty that for you" Rishi again spoke closing the drawers he opened.

Saanvi again nodded at him.

"I will ask someone to drop your luggage here. You rest here, I will check on Suchi" He ran out of the room finishing his words.

Once out of the room, Rishi sighed. It was awkward. How was he supposed to talk to her? Hell, what was he supposed to talk with her?

He shook his head, clearing off the unnecessary thoughts. Maybe when Suchi will be with them in the room, it will be less awkward.

Saanvi looked at the wall and of memories, Rishi created.

There were pictures of him with everyone in the family. She saw some unknown faces too which she assumed to be his friends. His smiling face was making him look more handsome.
Saanvi could not help but think will he treat her the same as his family? she saw him interacting with everyone with love and respect. Will he give her the same respect? She didn't expect him to love her as she was nothing more than an unneeded addition to his family. She would be glad if he would just respect her and her choices.

From one thought to other, her mind drifted back to the memories of the past.

Will he slap me too if I question him?
But he behaved well with me. Is this the same goodness that will stay for a week?
No! No! He promised to be a good friend if not a good husband. 
But will he fulfill his promise?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Thanks for reading❤.