Part 12:- Married life

Rishi thought Bade Dadu and Dadi were resting and he can sneakily bring out Suchi but to his utter disappointment, the whole family was already in Bade Dadu's room playing with Suchi

Rishi thought Bade Dadu and Dadi were resting and he can sneakily bring out Suchi but to his utter disappointment, the whole family was already in Bade Dadu's room playing with Suchi. While Meera was showing her dresses, trying to make her shopaholic like her Shaan was introducing her with books trying to turn a 4-year old Bibliophilic like him.

She sat comfortably in Badi Dadi's lap, Sumi, Bela and Kuhu kept on feeding her some or the other snacks.

While Men of the family silently sat on the couch waiting for their turn or let's say were kicked out of the room but after too many pleadings were let inside if they don't cause any mischief.

Looking at the pity-worthy condition of his Grandfather, Dad and Uncle Rj, Rishi decided to quietly go back to his room.

He took Saanvi's luggage which was kept in the living room and came back to his room only to find Saanvi sleeping on the extreme Right corner of the bed. She was still in her saree, her jewelry kept on the dressing table.

Did she sleep? Maybe she was too tired.

Her long hair was scattered over the pillow, there was a calmness on her pale face.
Rishi moved closer to her to shift her to the center of the bed but as soon as he touched her arm she woke up being scared, she was breathing heavily.

"Hey, I am so sorry, I didn't want to scare you. Relax" He quickly forwarded a glass of water to her.

She drank the water, thanking him.

"Are you alright? " Rishi asked again.

She nodded her head.

"I will check upon Suchi " Saanvi got up from the bed quickly.

"Better don't. Suchi is playing with my family and they are not even letting anyone near her. " Rishi huffed making an annoyed face.

Saanvi was amused by his words. On one side she was glad that Suchi was getting the love and affection but on another side, she feared what if they came to know that Suchi is not Rishi's child. She is not his blood. They won't love her then.

"There are your things " Rishi pointed towards her luggage bringing her out of her thoughts.

Muttering a small thankyou under her breath, enough loud to be heard by Rishi, she proceeded to open her luggage.

"Shall I help you? " Rishi asked not knowing what else to do.
Saanvi shook her head asking him to take a rest.
She emptied the suitcase and placed her neatly folded clothes in the closet.

By the time, she was done it was already evening. She glanced at Rishi to find him fast asleep. She couldn't acknowledge his presence as she was immersed in her own thoughts. The thoughts that were already eating her from inside.

What will happen when the family will come to know that Suchi is not Rishi's blood?
What if Rishi falls in love with someone? He will obviously leave her. What about Suchi? That little girl will be so disheartened. She will hurt more than anyone can imagine. How will she make her understand that Rishi is not her father?