Part 26:- The Subtle hint

As soon as Saanvi opened her eyes, Rishi ran behind Meera with his tomato face

As soon as Saanvi opened her eyes, Rishi ran behind Meera with his tomato face. Saanvi was still in a state of shock that's another thing her cheeks heated up with a red hue.

You Idiot cheeks don't get heated up okay. Don't use your brain too much! Saanvi huffed scolding her cheeks all the while controlling the involuntarily smile on her face.

She followed behind when Meera yelled her name calling her. Meera was randomly strolling through the stores while the other two were walking nervously behind her looking on opposite sides. By mistake, if they see each other they would hide their blushy face looking down.

Walking a little more Rishi's hand brushed with Saanvi's. She didn't pull back and slowly Rishi intertwined their fingers. It was not the first time they were holding hands but they never felt this tingling sensation in their hearts before. Their heads hung low with shyness. Anyone looking at them could easily make out that they were newly marrieds.

Meera saw the two through the mirror smiling at herself, she let the two enjoy themselves. She noticed everything from the starting. It was her idea along with her parents to bring both of them for shopping because according to them their son was too slow to even ask her to accompany him somewhere and Saanvi would never ask. Looking at Saanvi's happiness whenever Rishi was around, Meera knew she was falling for him. And the same could be said about her brother whose eyes never left the sight of his wife. He was already smitten by her. They just needed some alone time to realize their feelings.

"Bhaiyu, Bhabhi I just saw a dress there I will go there you both can continue shopping" She ran before either of them could say anything.

Rishi faced Saanvi who simultaneously looked at him, both of them were nervous. It was getting hard to stand in front of each other but staying without looking or talking to each other was way harder. Their brains were in dilemma and their hearts were restless. They wanted to stay close, but fear of making the other feel uncomfortable was restricting the bond to bloom.

"Let's have something" Ignoring the fact that they had breakfast just 2 hours ago, Rishi said brushing his hair through his fingers. What better than food can calm his senses down?  Saanvi nodded at him wanting to try his method to calm down her unusually rushing heart.

He pulled out a chair for her and then went on to order something for themselves. Saanvi looked at the distance drowning in her thoughts. It was wrong to stay close to Rishi,  It was wrong to crave his attention, his care. It was wrong to have a desire to stay close to him.  But why did it feel so right? Had she already fallen for him?

But it's wrong, her brain screamed at her.

He is your husband. It's all right. Her heart argued.

What if he loves someone else? he will leave you, her brain again screamed at her.

"Tch...Tch...Tch...Your new husband also left you? he doesn't want you right?" Saanvi was forced back to the cafeteria when she heard someone stating some words near her ears. She turned around to find Sameer standing right behind her with a smirk. His hands rested in his pockets and he stood there looking all creepy. Saanvi analyzed his Mustard yellow shirt and cream pant. She cringed at the sight. when did his fashion turn so bad? His arms and chest were unusually fluffed. He went towards her chair trying to scare her with his body. But Saanvi gave him a look of pity. He was looking Funny.

"You didn't answer? "  He again smirked at her.

Saanvi raised an eyebrow at him. She was astounded by her own behavior. He was the same person she could not even stand whose presence. Looking at him she always felt mad at him and herself. Today she was just calm with his presence. But guess her calmness infuriated the man before her.

"Your new good-for-nothing husband left you right? Of course who would want a 'used' wife for himself or a child that is not made of his sperm. Well...let me tell you I am not surprised not even a bit. I was sure he will leave you soon. I told you to come back to me. Nobody will love you but you were so adamant. See you got your lesson. Brainless girl" He smiled more like smirked at his poisonous words.

Saanvi got up from her chair in rage. How dare he call Rishi good-for-nothing. He thought Rishi is like his dirty thoughts? No way.
She was not going to listen to his bullshit about her husband who had nothing to do with their matter. She raised her hand to punch his face but he caught her hand.

"Doesn't your husband feed you? Or he only liked to use you? " He laughed evilly rotating her wrist in his hands.

Before he could know Saanvi kicked between his legs making him see stars in the morning.
He fell to the ground whimpering in pain.

"Well done wifey!" She heard a cheer and some whistles. She turned behind to look at her husband, who proudly smiled at her holding their cold coffee in his left hand.

He was standing there for a while listening to all the nonsense the man was spewing. He would have helped her but he let his woman face her past demon. He knew she was capable of beating a man double her size to a pulp. She just looked slim and weak.

He stepped closer to her. Keeping the coffee on the table, he took out his handkerchief wiping her hand which that disgusting man had touched.

Sameer got up from his place and tried to hit Saanvi on her head but Rishi grabbed his hands siding Saanvi.
A punch on his nose and a final blow on his stomach was all required by Rishi to make him again sleep on the floor.
"I haven't left my wife neither I plan to do it in the future but You see Mrs. Saanvi Rishi Sehgal is enough for you that does not mean you will test her patience every now and then. You are a closed chapter of her life so just STAY CLOSED and STAY AWAY from my wife. If you again dared to touch even a single strand of her hair I will show you what this good-for-nothing man can do and trust me you would not want to know." Rishi jerked back his shirt collar which he was holding while giving a piece of mind to him.

"I... W... Will Sue... Y... You" He tried to say lifting his head from the ground and wiping the blood oozing out of his nose.

The security staff which people gathered there called rushed towards them. They lifted Sameer from the ground.

"And Before that, I will make sure to sue your politician father who is involved in many illegal activities " Mr. Mahir Sehgal along with his wife Mrs. Bela Mahir Sehgal graced them with their grand presence.

"Dad, you here? " Rishi was surprised to see them there. The only worry he had was if they heard everything Sameer barked.

" Yes, Was just spending some quality time with my dear wife when I noticed some piece of shit trying to threaten my son and daughter-in-law. " Mahir glared at Sameer whose face lost all its color. Even the staff members were scared to know that Rishi belonged to a highly influential family. Their hold on to Sameer loosened and he fell to the floor again.

Rishi sighed in relief that they didn't hear everything.

"Let's go then. They will handle everything, right? " Mahir looked at the manager who nodded being horrified.

Rishi grabbed Saanvi's hand and they started walking towards the exit.
He squeezed her hands in his trying to ease her worry.

Bela and Mahir too followed behind dragging Meera with them who was unaware of what all happened.

Rishi opened the door of the passenger seat for Saanvi. Muttering a small thankyou under her breath, she sat with a small smile on her face.

He will never leave you, her heart completed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Thanks for reading❤.