Part 23:- Back Home

"Saanvi! Suchi!" Every member of the family screamed

"Sit here both of you must be tired" Sumi addressed Saanvi and Suchi.

Andy and Bade Dadu quickly came up with orange juice wanting to feed their little Granddaughter. Bela followed behind them holding some snacks for them.

They kept feeding Saanvi and Suchi, Caressing their hair or sometimes patting their cheeks. Their affection was overflowing for them. In all the family moments, one person was bluntly ignored, none other than Mr. Junior Seghal. There was a complete drought in the name of affection for him.

His jaw hunged low looking at all the attention his wife and daughter were getting. Even his dear Mumma was busy feeding them. She didn't even look at him properly.

Lazily stretching his arms, "K for Karma" Mahir muttered under his breath but enough loud to be heard by Rishi.

"Dad" Rishi gave him an irritated look but Mahir pulled his cheeks, "Aww! My son is feeling like third-wheeling? No worries I am here for you darling son tell me what do you want? " Mahir sugarcoated his tongue at Rishi.

"Dad, only water would be fine" Rishi said being emotional at his father's sweet words.

"That's it?" Mahir patted his cheeks and Rishi nodded at him.

"Go straight then right, you will find kitchen take it from there" Mahir parroted in a baby voice, battling his eyelashes.

"Dad" Rishi glared at him, "How is baby Suchi?" Mahir ran to them ignoring Rishi's whining. Rishi huffed looking at his family, "hopeless they all are", he stormed his foot before going to the kitchen.

Rishi sat on the couch, trying to gain some attention but all his efforts went out of the window when nobody even spared him a proper glance.

Knowing well it's useless to be a cartoon all of sudden it was better to go in room and rest.

*
He was tossing and turning on the bed with a puffy face behaving like a total jealous kid.
Saanvi entered the room with a big smile on her face, "your family is just too sweet, Rishi" She giggled remembering their cute faces.

Not getting any response, She looked at him who was looking at the particular picture with a pout on his face. "Are you alright, Rishi? " She came to him but he turned his face away like a cranky kid.

She tried to shake his arm but gasped as soon as she touched his arm. It was burning hot. She checked his forehead and it was burning too, "you have a fever", she ran out of the room and he sat straight on the bed.

" I have a fever? I thought I was angry that is why I was feeling hot".

"Why did you get up you idiot? Just lay down " Saanvi again pushed him down to the bed, keeping the bowl containing chilled water and cloth on the side table.