Part 20:- Tension in the air

Suchi looked at the burger kept on her plate which was bigger than her face

Suchi looked at the burger kept on her plate which was bigger than her face. She twinkled her eyes looking at the round colorful thing, how was she supposed to gulp it down like her Mumma and Dadda?

Suchi tried to hold the burger in her hands but it slipped away. Soon Rishi noticed the struggle of his 4-year old dolphin. "Come here my doll" He settled her on his lap and sliced the burger into smaller pieces feeding Suchi

Saanvi secretly clicked their picture. The father-daughter duo was adorable. She couldn't help but chuckle looking at Suchi who would throw her tantrums and Rishi would follow each of them as if Suchi was the queen of somewhere.

*
"Will he like it? " Saanvi anticipated while opening the small Royal Blue box. She hasn't seen him wearing bracelets. When she saw this bracelet she liked it very much. Looking at the bracelet she could only think of Rishi.
Although she had bought it but didn't know if he liked bracelets or not.

"What do you think about it? " Rishi asked coming out of the washroom rubbing his hair with the towel.

Saanvi jumped on her place listening to his voice. She quickly hid the box in the suitcase, pretending to search for her dresses.

"Saanvi? " He asked again.

"About what? "

"About going to the party. They are having some century celebration" Rishi made a face, clearly, he didn't like parties much.

"I... Whatever you say" She took her clothes and went to change.

Rishi looked at her confused.

"What do you think, Suchi. Shall we go to the party? " He pulled the cheeks of the brat who was learning something in the children's book. Her Mumma scolded her for not learning to which she looked at her Dadda for support but even he was verbally thrashed for spoiling the kid and not letting her study the result, Rishi was thrown into the washroom, and Suchi was made to sit with the book. Her cute pouts were bluntly ignored along with her Dadda's puppy face.

"Parti" Her eyes twinkled again. She nodded her head like a doll.

"You like parties " Rishi lifted suchi high up in the air making her giggle.

"Dadda" She jumped on him holding his neck with her tiny palms.

"My doll" Rishi patted her head softly holding her tiny figure tightly in his arms. He can never tell how much he loves his daughter in just words.
Her naughty antics, cute pouts, and her innocent love for him. Rishi always wondered how this tiny creature has so much love for everyone.

"Suchi you completed the lesson I gave you? " Saanvi asked looking at the distracted duo.

"Yesh Mumma" Saanvi narrowed her eyes at her, "promise" Suchi quickly said looking at Saanvi who was not believing her.

"Okay fine" Saanvi spoke making Rishi and Suchi grin ear to ear.

"Saanvi, we are going to the party" He walked to the suitcase to take out his clothes. "No" She yelled running to stand before him stopping him from going to the suitcase.

"Please " Both of them pouted looking at her.

"No" Saanvi shook her head in denial.

"Please Mumma" Saanvi stormed her feet on the mattress.

"Please Saanvi we will stay there only for 20 minutes. Promise" Rishi made a puppy face at her.

"How will you stay in the suitcase? That too for 20 minutes? " Saanvi looked at him horrified.

"Suitcase? I am talking about the party, Saanvi. Are you fine? " Rishi was genuinely concerned about her health.

"Yeah! Of course, you were talking about the party" She passed an embarrassed smile to him.

"Do you have a fever? " Rishi looked at her red cheeks. For some reason, she was behaving so weirdly. What happened to her suddenly he wondered.

"B... But you don't like parties right? " Saanvi tried to divert the attention. "Yeah but apparently my little munchkin does " Rishi pulled Suchi's cheeks lifting her in his arms.

"You...You need clothes right? " Saanvi took out his clothes in haste, giving it to him she pushed him towards Washroom taking Suchi in her arms.

"But Saanvi... " He tried to say but She shushed him up, "shut up".
She closed the washroom door from outside. She needs to quickly change the bracelet's place.

" But how will I wear my shirt with your skirt. Saanvi, please open the door " Rishi pleaded her knocking on the washroom door from another side.

"Shit! Stupid Saanvi" Saanvi face palmed.
She was embarrassed for the second time today in front of him.
She took his jeans, opened the door and shoved it on his face, and again closed the door without letting him see her red face.
Rishi huffed at her weird behavior.

*

He came out of the washroom to talk to her about her health but as his gaze landed on her his voice stuck in his throat. There she was standing in front of the mirror applying lipstick on her already pink lips dressed in a black backless dress.

The high heels perfectly held her sleek legs. Her hair tied in a high ponytail rested on her right shoulder exposing her back to him. Her round earring was kissing her cheeks occasionally. Was she always this beautiful or did something went wrong with Rishi today?

What the hell is happening to me? I have seen her numerous times. Stop thinking bad about her Rishi. She is your friend. She... She...is pretty nothing else. You stupid heart don't rush like that okay. It's wrong. 

"Dadda see my sandals" Suchi poked his stomach and his mind went to her.

"Oh wow! They are cute just like you " He kissed her forehead bending down to her height examining her little pink sandals.

"My dress? " She twirled around showing her princess dress.

"So beautiful. My doll looks super cute today" Rishi animated his expressions satisfying her. She giggled jumping at his compliment.

"Shall we go? " Saanvi walked to him. He took a sharp intake of breath as soon as her fragrance hit his nostrils. As she walked to him, he noticed that the dress had a slit. Who told her to look so sexy today? Rishi's eyes were betraying him as they kept traveling on her legs from her face. Her penetrating gaze was making it hard for him to look at her. Were her eyes always this intense? he gulped looking at her parted lips.

No, this is wrong. I shouldn't think like this about her. She is Suchi's mother.  She is my friend.

Rishi squeezed his eyes, curling his fingers into a tight fist.

"Rishi, Are you alright?" She kept her hand on his arm shaking him a little. His eyes opened at once. His heartbeat went abnormal. It was not like they were close for the first time but it felt different today.
There was some tension in the air today.

"Y... Yes. Let's go" He went out of the room taking Suchi along with him. Shrugging, Saanvi too followed him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Wish you all a very happy and prosperous Holi❤✨.

Thanks for reading❤.