Chapter 33

"If... There is only 7 present when there are supposed to be 8 of them... Then that must mean..." (Y/n) said, trailing off on her sentence. "They probably killed off one of their members" L finished (Y/n)'s sentence for her, making Light and Soichiro glance at L, then back to the visual.

"In order to further the growth of the Yotsuba group and that service financial interest. Who should we kill next?" One of the members asked their other members. This shocked everyone, except for L who is casually staring at the visual, "you see! It's just like I told you last week!" Matsuda announced.

"This is not good, at this rate..." L muttered, no one really heard him, except for (Y/n). "Before we get to that, there are several topics that we need to disgust," another member said. "First, there is the issue of Hatori's death" the member stated, wanting to find out what happened to his comrade.

"That was unavoidable, to be honest, in a certain sense, I'm relieved! That Hatori is dead. Kira has demonstrated that we must be committed to these meetings. We now know what will happen if we try to leave..." Namikawa said calmly. "I think we all understand what Hatori's death means for the rest of us, let's not take it lightly," Ooi said, going to move on to a different subject.

The conversation goes on like nothing had happened, making everyone, except L, sweatdrop. "How cold-hearted... One of their members just died... And they move on like it's normal..." (Y/n) mumbled out in disbelief. Their conversation continues to show that they have an outsider that deems to know about L.

'This is way too easy... What is really happening here?' (Y/n) thought, doubting that they are getting a confession this easily. Now, the group is on the topic of killing someone, "I think we should focus on ELF insurance. If they expand the Japanese market, Yotsuba, and many other companies will lose valuable clients to them" Midou said to the group.

"Agreed, alright, any objections to killing these people from ELF with accidental deaths?" Ooi asked, "no objections," everyone said with no hesitance. They then go one to another potential victim, making it seem like it's a daily chore, while L just casually eats his ice cream sundae, occasionally feeding (Y/n) some.

"Kira? Death by accident? By disease? Designated times of death? It's all just as we suspected, we were right" Light concluded the obvious. "No... Unfortunately, there is no proof that they will follow through with their plan unless those victims are killed" (Y/n) said instead of L.

"(Y/n) is right, we will continue to monitor these meetings, and take note of what they say. How they act, and most importantly, whether the people they chose actually die. If we can confirm the connection between their plans, and the deaths. Then we'd definitely be able to catch Kira" L said while staking a bunch of ice cream cubes on his spoon.

"RYUZAKI!" Light and Soichiro yelled, "what is it? There is no need to yell in unison" L said after catching only the pink ice cream cube with his mouth. "I can't carry on, knowing these people will die! That's just immoral!" Light said with an angered look towards L, ignoring the fact that (Y/n) was the one who started the argument.

"I know you're planning to catch Kira, by letting these guys actually carry out these murders, but... We can't let that happen!" Light demanded. "That's right, it's obvious that these 7 men are behind the killings, with Matsuda and (Y/n)'s testimony, and this footage we've recorded, we have all the evidence," Soichiro said, agreeing with his son.

"You're making this difficult, if we were to take action now, everything we've done would go to waste," L said, quieting the argument. "So, what do you say, we take care of the ELF in 3 weeks, and for Zenzime, we'll ask Kira to kill him this weekend?" A group member suggested, gaining everyone's attention.

"No objections," everyone in the group said simultaneously, "if that's what they're going to do, then there's not much time left!" Soichiro said, going back to the argument. "Light, we already know the full numbers of these 4 members, don't we?" Soichiro asked his son.

"Yeah," Light said, grabbing a paper with information on it, giving it to his father. "I don't care who we call, I need to reach one of these men, and have them stop these murders," Soichiro said, flipping his flip phone out to call one of the men. "Mr. Yagami, please hold on, that will cause suspicion, it would mean the investigation caught up to them 3 days after they were contacted by Iver" (Y/n) said to Soichiro, using the conman's alias.

"Also, it would make this investigation harder to discover the real Kira, and who they might be" (Y/n) said, giving valid facts to the consciences of Soichiro's actions. "With how far we've come, we can't just jump in and cause issues, I know you're eager to catch this murderer, I am too, but we must think rationally" (Y/n) said, finishing her speech in convincing the male.

"(Y/n) is right, in order to catch Kira, we're going to need some solid proof," L said, after taking a sip of his tea. "(Y/n)... Ryuzaki... If one of these 7 men is, in fact, Kira, would it be safe to say? That, if I try calling one of them, the odds of that person actually being Kira would be 1 in 7?" Light asked them.

"I'm thinking there could be more than one Kira among them, a probability of 2 and 7, at most," L said, confirming Light's question. "I think, that there is a chance it could be 1 and 7" (Y/n) said, also confirming Light's question, "if we're prepared to let them know the investigation is catching up to them," Light said.

"Let's place our bets on odds, Ryuzaki, I'm going to pose as L, judging from their conversation so far, the one least likely to be Kira. But with the most influence, is..." Light trails off. "Namikawa" L and Light said at the same time, while Matsuda points to the screen saying "Ooi" being completely wrong.

"If you're going to make a call, please use this phone, it's set up so it can't be traced or tapped," L said, looking towards the phone. "I'm not sure about this idea you guys... This might be risky" (Y/n) said a bit nervously. "Don't worry (Y/n), everything will be just fine" Light reassured her.