Near x Reader Ending

"You led your own father to his death, and now he's gone you call him a fool?!" Matsuda asks through his tears. Light noticed that Matsuda isn't doing as demanded, so he takes this chance to try and write down Near's name in blood. "HIS BLOOD!!" Aizawa announced, which Matsuda did the only thing he could, he shot Light multiple times.

"I'll kill him! I'LL KILL HIM!! HE HAS TO DIE!!!" Matsuda yelled out, sending out another shot. But, before it could go off, the other task force members restrained Matsuda, thus allowing the bullet to miss Light's head. (Y/n) watches Light struggle to stand up, seemingly difficult because of all the bullet wounds.

"Damn it... What the hell is this?... Mikami! What are you waiting for? Write down their names!! Write them down!! Kill them now!!" Light demanded, too demented to remember that Mikami is restrained. "It's finally over... We avenged L and Mello..." (Y/n) said in relief.

"Where are you (Y/n)? Where's Misa? Where's Takada?!" Light questioned, as he has run out of options. "AHHHH!!!!" Mikami yelled out, as blood sprayed everywhere, this caught everyone's attention. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!! AHHHh!!!" Mikami continues to yell, as his blood spills out like a fire hydrant bursting.

Before (Y/n) could continue to watch what's happening, Near placed his hand over (Y/n)'s eyes, blocking her view. "Near?..." (Y/n) questioned, confused about what Near is doing. "I don't want you witnessing this, you've seen enough violence today," Near said casually.

Light took this opportunity to flee while he still had the chance, hoping to maybe get away alive. "Wait... Light!" Matsuda yelled out, gaining the other's attention on Light's fleeing figure. "He's getting away!" Mogi pointed out the obvious, ready to run after him.

"Mr. Aizawa, it's unlikely he has any pieces of the notebook, and with those wounds, he's not going to go far. He'll stop running soon, even if we leave him alone" Near informed. "Near, I'm not going to follow your orders," Aizawa said bluntly, earning a surprised look from Near.

"Aizawa, don't mind Near, you're allowed to do what you think is necessary, we leave Light up to you" (Y/n) said with a reassuring smile. Aizawa nodded in thanks and left the warehouse, hopefully catching up to Light's fleeing figure. Unaware that the Shinigami killed Light, instead of letting Light die naturally.

"(Y/n), I want you to come back to America with me, you can even bring your Mom along" Near offered. "Mom is too stubborn to leave, but I'm old enough to leave home, I don't mind going to America" (Y/n) said happily. It has been a month since Light's death, ever since then, the world has been a bit chaotic.

(Y/n) quickly traveled to America with Near, bringing luggage she needs with her. When she arrived, she became Near's understudy, helping him with new police mysteries, becoming the new L. (Y/n) basically took Watari's role, and is the only source for police to contact Near.

"Near, look at this case, apparently 20 females have gone missing in under a week, want to take this one?" (Y/n) asked the male next to her. "Hm... Can't the police figure it out themselves?" Near asked, quite annoyed at how incompetent the police force is.

"Near! That's not nice! Let's at least help them out a little!" (Y/n) encouraged, while Near scenes the screen. "Fine, only because this is our first mission together, if it gets dangerous we're backing out" Near informed, earning a hug from the excited female.

That day, (Y/n) walked into the police meeting, dressed in an overcoat, and a mask covering her face. "I think we should have N help us with this case" the chief announced, shushing everyone. "We don't even know his contact number! How are we supposed to contact him?!" A policeman asked.

"N is already on the case" (Y/n) informed in a distorted tone, thanks to the hidden microphone under her mask. "Who are you?!" A policeman asked as they were surprised by how a strange figure walked in without anyone noticing. "You may call me... K, I am the only one who can contact N" (Y/n) informed proudly.

"To prove myself, N gave me an FBI badge, directly from the president himself, who honored our defeat of Kira" (Y/n) said, as she showed off her badge. On the badge the name wrote Kelly (L/n), giving the policemen a fake name to call her by, either than K.

"Now, that introductions are over with, please put your attention to the computer" (Y/n) said as she opened a computer. "I am N, like you we're already informed, I am already on this case, I even have some leads" Near informed. (Y/n) got a bad whiplash of Deja Vu, when L and Watari were alive. She just hopes that L and Watari are proud of Near's and (Y/n)'s progress in taking over their roles.

----[End]----