Chapter 44

Waking up the next morning to bad news wasn't the greatest, especially since Soichiro came barging into the building. "What's going on?! I heard criminals are being killed again!" Soichiro yelled out, quite unhappy about the news. (Y/n) is currently standing next to Light, saying behind L.

"There are 16 deaths just yesterday, all of them were broadcasted after Higuchi's death" (Y/n) stated. "Immediately after, huh?" Matsuda questioned, "do you think this could mean that Higuchi wasn't necessarily Kira, after all," Soichiro questioned. "No... It's safe to say that Higuchi was the one killing criminals until we apprehended him" Light chimed in.

"Then this means we're dealing with yet another Kira..." Aizawa stated, making Matsuda groan in despair. "Awwwwh man! Not again!" Matsuda cried out, not wanting to chase down another Kira. "Damn... Damn you Kira" Light stated, looking pissed off, even clutching (Y/n)'s hand tightly, almost possessively.

"These killings began as soon as Misa was freed, didn't they?" L questioned, already hitting the mark on point without knowing. "Ryuzaki, you're still going on about that? She has nothing to do with this! Think about it... This started as soon as Higuchi died" Light pointed out, sounding mad.

"I suppose you're right... Oh well, if there is another notebook floating around out there, and now someone is using it to kill criminals. I just have to bring that person to justice" L stated confidently. "Even so... Where do we even start? We have no leads on who it is" (Y/n) pointed out, since this time the criminals aren't lined up in any way.

'(Y/n) is right... But, this torn page... What if someone is able to write a name on a torn piece. Hm... It's not impossible, but there is also that rule... Whoever writes in this notebook has to write another name within 13 days, otherwise, they die...' L thought, while to others it looks like he is just staring at the notebook.

"Ryuzaki, I've been thinking, even if we do manage to catch the person who's been writing names. Would we really be able to legally convict and punish for mass homicide?" Light questioned. "What?! Of course, we can convict them! This guy's intentionally writing names in the notebook, knowing these people are going to die!" Matsuda commented quite eagerly.

"That's true, Matsuda, but, we don't have the evidence to legally confine them, plus we'd have to put them on trial" (Y/n) pointed out, butting into the conversation. "Then we find some evidence, and execute them!" Matsuda announced, making Rem gasp in worry.

"It's not a very human way to do things, but higherups would probably want to take measures as that" Aizawa commented. "If they admit to killing with the notebook, they received the death penalty or a life in prison at least" L pointed out while eating some animal crackers.

Light silently brings (Y/n) closer to his chest, making sure she didn't see his sinister smile. He is smiling because he noticed Rem piecing Light's plan together. 'What are you going to do Rem? Come on, do it, think about Misa's happiness' Light thought, hoping that Rem would take the bait.

Later that morning, (Y/n) sat in her room drinking some warm tea with Ryuk, that Sebastion had just made. "Mm... Who knew a demon would be such a good tea maker? When did you learn to do this?" (Y/n) questioned the demon. "From an old master, it sort of became a hobby," Sebastion said while making some scones.

"Hehe, I guess that boy grew on you, such a shame" Ryuk commented, finding it quite funny that a human habit stuck with him. "It just passes the time, nothing more, a scone M'lady?" Sebastion dismissed, as he brought out the scones, and presented a plate of them to (Y/n).

"Sure, thanks" (Y/n) said as she delicately grabs a scone, taking a bite out of it, Sebastion watched silently, waiting for her reaction. Immediately, her eyes shined with stars at how good the scone is, making Sebastion quite happy that he can still make good food.

While (Y/n) is interacting with Sebastion and Ryuk, they are unaware of the conversation happening between L and Light. It's such a shame that (Y/n) missed out on L whipping Light's foot, and Light whipping L's hair with towels. (Y/n) would've started shipping them both on the spot.