Chapter 49

Running could be heard throughout the abandoned building, the person seems to be in a hurry. "Boss! I'm sorry... But Ed and I were talking for a minute, looks like Takaemora hung himself with his tie somehow!" A Mafia member sated with sweat dripping down his face.

"What's wrong with you?! Just great... What are we supposed to do with a dead hostage?!" The Mafia boss asked, ready to kill his subordinate. "No, this will be just fine" Mello assured, making the Mafia boss confused, 'if Kira is responsible for this... We know he can't touch us since he doesn't know our names or faces. That's why he went after Takemura instead, that means Kira's someone who knows about the kidnapping' Mello thought with a smirk.

"So, what are we going to do, Mello?" The Mafia boss questioned, "I'll tell you what we're going to do, we're going to kidnap Soichiro Yagami's daughter. Sayu Yagami" Mello commanded, using this as leverage to snag the notebook faster. Meanwhile, with the special task force, they are still trying to find leads for Takaemora or the kidnapper.

Light decided to send (Y/n) to her room, not wanting her involved with the kidnapping case. "Oh Light~! We'll be good girls and go to bed together, alright?" Misa flirted while dragging along (Y/n) in their revealing nightclothes. This caused everyone but Soichiro to blush, only reason Light is blushing is because of (Y/n).

"(Y/n), I thought I told you to stay in your room? Come here" Light said while getting up, taking off his shirt to put around (Y/n)'s shoulder. While he is buttoning up the buttons, to cover (Y/n)'s boobs, he is glaring at everyone who looked at her body. 'How dare they look at her like that! Perverts! Only I can see my Goddess like this!' Light thought.

"Light! Why didn't you cover me up?!" Misa whined, puffing out her cheeks in jealousy. "Because I know for certain that she wouldn't do this willingly, don't do this again Misa" Light warned with a sharp glare. "Fine! Come on (Y/n), let's go!" Misa said while dragging (Y/n) away from Light, and running off to her room.

Light heaves out a sigh, his rising blush finally leaving as he turns around to death glare at the 4 men. "You sicken me, staring at my girl like that, you should all feel ashamed" Light lectured, causing the 4 to get depressed marks. Satisfied with making them guilty, he walks back to his computer to continue the search.

While (Y/n) is with Misa, they are unaware that Sayu has been kidnapped, using the Directer's death to get to her. This information then traveled to Near, already figuring out who the kidnapper is, and what really killed the Director. The race for getting the notebooks, figuring out who Kira is, and saving (Y/n) has begun, who will win?

"This is L... I've already heard, what investigator John Mackanrol, or rather, Lary Connor has to say to Deputy Director Yagami. In regards to the notebook and the Kira case, will you help us with the investigation? In the NPA Director Takemura's murder?" Light questioned.

"I'm pleased to meet you, at last, L number 2" Near said through the phone, shocking Light from the response. "Number 2? What do you mean by that? Who is this?" Light questioned, not needing to play a fake role since the caller knows. "There's really no point in trying to hide it, we are a new organization known as the SPK, or Special Provision for Kira" Near introduced.

"It was established to find and capture Kira without the help of L, furthermore, 7 of our top members already know of L's death," Near said. 'They do?! How do they know that? Who the hell told them?!' Light pondered, trying to think of anyone who would spill that information, only to come up with nothing.

"As for myself, I am at the center of the SPK, you can address me... As N" Near said, giving Light a name to call him. 'N? Who is this guy? Is he joking? But... This strange feeling... What is it?' Light thought while the image of L's chains is wrapping around Light, ready to drag Light to the afterlife with him.