3. The Newbies

Camila's POV

"Hi I'm Camila Cabello." I say.

"Tell us about yourself." the teacher then told me.

I hated doing these things.

"Well I'm a transfer student from Miami South, I love to read and be on tumblr, and I'm pretty awkward." I say causing some people to laugh.

"Thank you now please take a seat." he said gesturing to an open spot in the second to last row.

I sat down and felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and I was met with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. They were green, with a little tint of golden brown. Those eyes had me in a trance.

"Uh hey, I'm Lauren" she said pulling me out from my trance.

"H-hi Lauren, I'm Camila. Like I said before but maybe you didn't hear me or maybe y-"

"Camz you're rambling" she said chuckling. Wait Camz?

"Did you just call me 'Camz'?"

"Um yeah I'm sorry. I thought I could give you a nickname since we could be friends but if you don't want to I co-"

"Now you're rambling" I said laughing.

"Oh sorry." she said her face turning pink.

"It's alright but 'Camz', I like that." I told the green eyed girl.

She smiled back. "You could call me that as long as I can call you 'Lolo'."

"Of course you can, no one has ever called me that. Only 'Laur' or something."

"Really? Well I'm special." I said smirking.

"Indeed you are." she said looking directly into my eyes.

I could've sworn I felt butterflies in my stomach but then again it could be my hungry stomach, I did miss breakfast today.

Our little staring contest was then interrupted by the bell ringing. Then some girls calling her.

"Come on Laur we're going to be late!" The short one said.

"Hold up Ally." I guess that was her name.

"Normani and I will wait outside." she said walking out with the other girl.

"I hope to see you soon Camz." she said smiling.

"I hope so too, Lolo." I said returning the smile.

We walked out the classroom and went our separate ways. Those eyes I couldn't get them out of my head. They were like mind controllers, that could make me do anything. I hope we could be really good friends.

But my heart wants something more.

_

"Chancho!" no one other than my best friend yelled.

"Chee-chee! You have this class too?"

"Yeah dawg! It's not going to be boring anymore." she said smiling.

"That's for sure."

Like I said before, I'm a transfer student and Dinah came with me because that's how good of a bestfriend she is. I've known her since third grade and we've been inseparable ever since.

She was my only friend when nobody else was. When people started bullying me about my sexuality she kept them away. Everyone was afraid of her, she was always taller than the rest of us in middle school.