41. Surprise!

Camila's Pov

We're now High School graduates and we couldn't be happier to be adults. Lauren's birthday was tomorrow and I was sure she doesn't even remember because she is so involved in work. She got the Starbuck's job a few weeks ago once school ended. Since then all she does is work on the weekdays, she has full time. As much as I love the smell of coffee she brings home everyday, I don't like her working so much.

I'm planning a surprise party for her with the help of our friends and her parents. They're taking the day off work and our friends are going to be at my house decorating since it's empty. I'm planning for it to be a small party since Lauren never really liked to be on the spotlight or part of something big. She's working all day tomorrow so she won't be expecting it.

"Dinah! Car now!" I yell

"Chill Chancho, we still have a day"

"I just want it to-"

"Be perfect. I know, you've said that a thousand times already" Dinah says finishing my sentence

"Okay but really, we need to get to the store"

"Alright what do we need?"

I look down at the paper that has everything we need and start to read them out loud:

• Decorations
•Soda's
•Waters
•Piñata
•Junk food
•ice cream
•Candy

"Mila, your girl is turning 19. Don't you think she's a little too old for a piñata?"

"You're never too old for a piñata Dj. You'd understand if you were Hispanic"

"You guys are teaching me Spanish though, doesn't that count?"

"Sorry cheech, nope"

We headed to the store a few minutes later and got the stuff we needed and a few more things Dinah wanted that weren't on the list. At the checkout line the cashier guy kept looking our way as he attended another customer. I knew what he was going to do so I whispered to Dinah and she rolled her eyes because she hated when fuck boys hit on her or her friends.

"Hey cutie, find everything you need?" the guy asked

"Yup" I said dryly

"Wanna give me your name? Mine is Kyle"

"Nope not interested" I reply

He smirks, "You're a tough one"

"A tough one with a girlfriend now can you tell me the total" I say wanting to get out of here

"Well that sucks, you're missing out babe. It's $52.73"

I give him three twenties and watch Dinah put the groceries in the plastic bags. She did it very quickly which she never does before but since I'm stuck in this situation I guess it gave her slight motivation.

"$7.27 is your change, have a nice day beautiful" he tells me with a wink

I scoff and walk towards the exit with Dinah.

"Can you believe that guy?" I tell her

"I swear guys these days are so ugh"