27. Hottest

Lauren's POV

It has been two months and a lot has happened. I had broken up with Camila, which she shockingly took well on the outside, but I knew that it was killing her in the inside. I told her we could still be friends, but she only nodded and walked away. We both knew we couldn't be 'just friends', it would always be something more.  We parted paths, but maybe just maybe sometime in the future our paths would cross again. Andrea and I have been dating since October 27 and I've had a lot of good memories created with her. Cara of course gave me the "big brother talk" or in this case "big sister talk", she didn't let me leave until I promised to not hurt Andrea, well at least not intentionally. Austin and Camila started dating one week after us which did hurt me a bit.

At school, whenever we walked down the halls I've catched Camila staring at Andrea and I whenever we're around her or vise versa. She did catch me staring in her direction as well, but it wasn't my fault, I was trying to protect her, I still cared for her. I saw Austin being nice to her and doing all the things a 'good' boyfriend did, but it still didn't convince me.

When I was not around Andrea and she was not around Austin, but with her friends she would just sadly look at me from across the hall since our group of friends hung out in the same hallway. When I couldn't look at her any longer without feeling pain, I just didn't appear with my group and left towards the library without telling anyone. It may not seem like it, but I was a huge bookworm.

Books just had the power of taking me from the real world into a world of fantasy. Some people used drugs to escape the real world, yeah I did weed in the past, but I realized there was no sense in that, so I dug my face into books and read until the bell rang bringing me from a fantasy that I wished I were in.

I did this every other day and today is one of those days. I was comfortably sitting on one of the library sofas reading one of Suzanne Collins famous books when this girl I've never seen before popped up next to me and invaded my personal space which I definitely found weird and  uncomfortable. I looked up at her and saw that she was smiling at me. I waited for her to speak, but that never came so I started the conversation.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You're Lauren Jauregui right?"

"Yes..an-"

"Oh my gosh! I finally got to meet the hottest girl on campus." She shrieked completely interrupting me.

"Sorry..umm?"

"Chloe. My name is Chloe."

"Well Chloe, for one, I don't think I'm the hottest girl on campus.." While saying this an image of Camila came to mind but immediately shook my head to somehow erase it.

"Of course you are! Ever since you and Camilla broke up, everyone's been talking about you!"

Did I hear correctly? She knew about Camila and I's relationship? Matter of fact, everyone knew?

"First of all it's Cameeela and the school knew about us?" I asked in alarm.

"Yeah we all thought you guys were cute besides some girls that wanted you." she shrugged.

What the hell

"So why are you here again?"

"I just wanted to do this." She said before giving me a kiss very close to my mouth.

I sat there frozen and then felt my blood rush to my cheeks. "Since I know you're single now." She smiled before walking away, not giving me a chance to correct her statement.