1.2

"What the bitch?" Abraham announced from the driver's seat, putting the RV to a stop.

I woke up from my sleep, I must've nodded off after talking to Carl and he probably did too as he was still next to me.

"Carl." I whispered and nudged him which made him up. "We've stopped?"

I ventured through to the front of the RV near Sasha and Rick, who both looked confused and intrigued. "What's goin' on?" Rick asked.

"Enemy close." Abraham replied, as Carl and I looked through the window to see their road blocked by a group of people up ahead with cars. "We doing this?"

Rick looked up at me and nodded his head over to the cars. I shook my head slightly with an uncertain look.

I've noticed that ever since the prison he's been listening to my choices more often, which now results in him looking to me on certain decisions. He even once said he saw me as his 'right hand man.' I usually hated labels, but that one I was cool with. Uncle Rick and his right hand man, or gal.

"It's too risky, we should head back on another road, " I suggested, then looking over at one of my friends, "Sasha?"

"There's another road a bit further back." Sasha noted from her map, sending a nod towards us.

"Talk to 'em, then we head on." Rick announced and got his gun and, creaking open the RV door.

I took my gun from my holster, the sound of velcro tearing across the clearing made Carl notice and pull me aside.

"Stay with Maggie, please." He said catching my arm.

I furrowed my brows, not wanting to at first, but the thought of Maggie alone in the RV scared me. I eventually nodded reluctantly. I wouldn't usually do that, but in this case we needed to get Maggie safe, so I headed to the back room where she was waiting anxiously. "What is it Lil?"

"Roads blocked," I replied, trying to keep my tone calm so she wouldn't catch on. But Maggie was smart, she always knows somethin. "A car-"

"Don't lie please.." Maggie mumbled. "What was it?"

"A group of men," I answered in a small tone, not wanting to worry her. My throat went dry thinking about all the bad things that could easily happen,  "They know where we are somehow."

"We should just go back, this feels like a trap." Maggie expressed, rubbing her forehead whilst shaking a bit.

"No way Mags," I replied and sat next to her. "We're getting you there to be safe. I swear to you."

When we were back on the road I was frequently joined by Carl and Aaron. After a moment, I headed to the front of the RV to give them some space and sat down opposite Eugene at the table.

He was looking at a map, in search for an alternative route me can go through that Sasha pointed out. "Logrun Road's a straight shot."

"We want visibility," Sasha replied.

"There, you got it in Shelton," Euegen said after a moment of observation. "Golf course, country clubs, sloping terrain. No bun rush from the bogeyman. We'd see them from a good piece. It is a longer trip by a third, but with the scenic safety of clear-cut dingles and glens."